Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 Accuracy.

Options
  • 13-07-2005 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Just looking over my stats.
    It seems that my overall accuracy is absolutely atrocious at 22%.

However my sniper rifle accuracy is at 35% its the other guns that bring the average down.

Having looked at other peoples stats, I seem to be the reverse. Everyone else gets in the higher range for assault weapons and terrible with a sniper rifle.

What determines the accuracy? Is it shots/hit? or shots/kill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Shot/hit afaik, but don't freak. That's a pretty good accuracy. Mine is about 19%, and most people I see is around that. Consider the rediculous arc of fire that you get from different weapons, along with the recoil, and the fact that as this is a fast fight you have to spray sometimes. It won't be very high. This isn't CS after all where you can get a single headshot and perfect accuracy from a weapon as long as you don't hold down the fire button too long. Even the initial shot has a variance of where the bullet will go.

Check this out.
    Minimum Deviation - in degrees. This value represents the minimum possible value of the width of the cone that your bullets will land in around the aim point. It can fall anywhere within this cone, so some bullets will be dead on. The smaller the better.

Deviation when Standing / Crouched / Prone - a multiplier value for the deviation of the weapon. If your minimum deviation is 0.4 and the 'Standing' value is 1.5, your actual minimum deviation on the first shot is 0.6. The smaller the values are, the better.

Deviation Added Per Shot - in degrees. Every shot you take ups the deviation by the amount specified. E.g: after 3 shots, the M16A2 has a deviation of 1.1 when prone (0.5 + 3*0.2). The smaller the better.
    The number in brackets is the deviation cap.

Deviation Mod When Zoomed - a multiplier value for the deviation of the weapon, identical in operation to the standing / crouched / prone modifier. The smaller the better.

Recoil - an additive value for the vertical aiming point, in degrees. Every time you pull the trigger, the weapon's aiming point is moved upwards by this amount. This is controllable by re-aiming. In general the lower the better, but also the smaller this range is, the better, as it makes the weapon more predictable.

Recoil when Zoomed Modifier - a multiplier value for the amount of recoil when zoomed. The smaller the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Arg... the unlockable sniper rifle doesnt really help me unless I go Chinese or UAC.
    Its identical to the US weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Jumpy wrote:
    Arg... the unlockable sniper rifle doesnt really help me unless I go Chinese or UAC.
    Its identical to the US weapon.
    Its more powerful, can shoot through glass and is less accurate than the US sniper rifle.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Its more powerful, can shoot through glass and is less accurate than the US sniper rifle.

Just gained rank last night. Its an awesome weapon. The previous gun you had to hit the head dead on. This one kills anywhere above the chest.

It recocks faster, the reload is the same speed though.

Already put my Accuracy from 35 to 37 in one night.

I love it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

still think it's bull****...for the Barrett sniper rifle it should be a one shot kill..it's supposed to be realistic and yet it take's 2 bullets to kill someone..barrett ammo is .5 cal and have you seen the size of those bullets? you get hit by one of those babies and it's goodnight..no matter where're you hit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Airblazer wrote:
    you get hit by one of those babies and it's goodnight..no matter where're you hit

if i got hit in the small toe then, it should kill me? it'd take my pinky off but i doubt i'd die on the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

if i got hit in the small toe then, it should kill me? it'd take my pinky off but i doubt i'd die on the spot

What if you were biting your toenails at the time ?

Well, you cant have one shot kills, as realistic as the game is...Everyone would snipe if that was the case.

Anyway, its as accurate as hell. 41% now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You can get 1 shot kills and without a 40 page post with pics and diagrams no way in hell i could explain how to do it :D

Well i try there 3 ranges with Zoomed scope low medium far.
    Low aim for the eyes 1 hit dead.
    Medium aim slightly to the right of their ear another 1 shot kill tho aiming for the chest makes it 2 if you well hidden and can afford a 2nd shot.
    Far can take 5 to 7 hits to kill unless they on a Anti Air gun thens its fish in a barred 2 shots.

If on Kubra dam sniping from hill on left right at Dam wall , top of dam is low , base in middle is medium , base at far side is far.

;)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

jonski wrote:
    What if you were biting your toenails at the time ?

lol

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    You can get 1 shot kills and without a 40 page post with pics and diagrams no way in hell i could explain how to do it :D

Well i try there 3 ranges with Zoomed scope low medium far.
    Low aim for the eyes 1 hit dead.
    Medium aim slightly to the right of their ear another 1 shot kill tho aiming for the chest makes it 2 if you well hidden and can afford a 2nd shot.
    Far can take 5 to 7 hits to kill unless they on a Anti Air gun thens its fish in a barred 2 shots.

If on Kubra dam sniping from hill on left right at Dam wall , top of dam is low , base in middle is medium , base at far side is far.

;)

kdjac

Never taken more than two hits at any range with the M95.

Water hits are also instant kills.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

a .5 cal buller will take off more than your toe that's for sure..well then if you're hit in the top half of the chest..say around the heart area a..both these areas (heart+head)could be one shot kills..this way it would take a lot of practise to get one shot kills

Advertisement