Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lead time for commissioning an exchange

• 13-07-2005 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

ok , got board talking to the morans on Eircoms broadbands sales line .....

so managed to get info from a reliable source that the work has been finished on my local exchange and that it has a comission date which is now in the past....

But just wondering whats the lead time from this point to Eircom having the info to check if the line can take it as I was told today the check they make is not a live check and the info updated every 4 weeks

Going with BT anyhow but just need to play the game etc

and info or shortcuts from here appreciated ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Yeah they check the lines at a set date once a month...cant remember the date!

Give it a month and see what happens...my exchange was DSL enabled ~1.5 years ago, but I left it alone for a couple of months as they were having a lot of stability problems in the first few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

any more advice ,suggestions on this would be appreciated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ring 1800503303 , they will tell you if an exchange is on stream or coming on stream and when ....up to about 3 months ahead.

If they cannot tell you or do not know you are looking at post september. One exchange I heard of, Barna in Galway, was advertised in the papers and giving line test results pass/fail in April but was then pulled and is still off the market for DSL over two months later .

One knows not what goes on :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

thanks , is there a option to choose after diailing that number as thats the sales number i have been calling and getting not decent info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jman

Estimated completion date for Barna exchange upgrade has
    now shifted to end of september .... 2005 I believe :-(

• Advertisement
Advertisement