Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart now available in Churchfield and Quaker Road

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

So the Shantalla exchange is live?
    I (re)ordered again recently and posted the dd form off yesterday.
    any estimates of when i can expect to be online by?
    i've been 6 months without bb ffs :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Shantalla appears to be in the "next to be enabled" list and as such is not live yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Any news for Berkely Road Dublin 7?
    Would have thought being so close to the City Centre we would have been up and running by now. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

well is there any news on the questions regarding this post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Pighead wrote:
    Any news for Berkely Road Dublin 7?
    Would have thought being so close to the City Centre we would have been up and running by now. :confused:

That's probably on the North Main... as you can see from Garfield's sig, it's one of the next exchanges up.

Probably been asked a million times, but any news as to when Smart will be able to offer BB without needing a new phone number?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I'd say Wellington road would be pretty fast to come online as it's pretty much in Cork City Centre thus covers a lot of businesses and it's sitting close enough to the MAN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭GarfieldConnoll

Skud wrote:
    Garfield, I received an email in regards to Quaker road broadband mentioning a problem with Eircom etc, saying I have to get a new phone line. I want a new one as the house owner doesnt want to convert, I dont have a problem with this. But can you clarify this is true and also that my line rental free for life applies to me as a customer and not just my other number. Also how much more charges will this incur in regards to installation and equipment and all that?
    Skud,

At present, to avail of Smart BB you must accept a new telephone number on the line. The mail you would/ should have received would have refered to taking a new number, not a new line. If there is a 'spare path' available in the house, we could unbundle that, provide a new line on that, with a new number. The line rental on that new line would be included in the €35 monthly fee.

There would be an additional charge for providing the service on a spare path and would be conditional on a spare path being available. I can't think of the charges off the top of my head, but I imagine they would be sub €100. As with existing lines, the service would be self install.

Garfield.

PiE wrote:
    Probably been asked a million times, but any news as to when Smart will be able to offer BB without needing a new phone number?

No.

Garfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

Hi Garfield,

any idea what exactly is happening with the Whitehall exchange? the cs rep I spoke to before (Alan Saunders) mentioned a physical problem with the building, can you clarify?

Thanks

mossieh wrote:
    Hi Garfield,

any idea what exactly is happening with the Whitehall exchange? the cs rep I spoke to before (Alan Saunders) mentioned a physical problem with the building, can you clarify?

Thanks

Can't clarify, it's not my building, so not my place to say. That issue is resolved and we are working on civils at present. No date though.

Garfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

Why have I still not being contacted and I am in Summerhill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Hi Garfield!

Do u know an approx. date for Cork city Cork Central?

Cheers!

gibbon75 wrote:
    Hi Garfield!

Do u know an approx. date for Cork city Cork Central?

Cheers!

Some time in September probably.

Garfield.

Anarchist wrote:
    Why have I still not being contacted and I am in Summerhill?
    Don't know. PM me your CLI and I'll look into it.

Garfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 RonanH

Garfield,

any idea when you'll be in Shannon Town exchange roughly??? Will it be about 3, 6 or 9 months? (I won't hold you to it ;) )

RonanH

Advertisement