Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non Sat Dish Freeview TV from Wales (in Dublin?)

• 13-07-2005 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

Just discovered Boards and this is my first post.

I live on a 3rd floor apt on Mountjoy square and have a clear line of sight view to the coast. On a very regular basis I can get BBC and 2 Wales as well as HTV and S4C all on the indoor aerial aka :Rabbits Ears"

I'm curious about therse freeview system available in Britian (through Richer Sounds etc) for about 45 quid for the 30 odd chnls.

Im wondering can I get the Freeview in Dublin, I heard someone is getting it in Ballbrigan? Im not asking about the freeview Sat Dish, just the Freeview set and indoor antenna, anyone got any info ...

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Hi and Welcome....

Do you have teletext? If so.... try this trick.

On HTV, go to page 100 of teletext... and press "reveal". Beside the line where it says ITV1 Wales (or equivilent) it should reveal a 3 letter code... what appears for you?

What it will denote is what main transmitter you are receieving your analogue HTV.

If that doesnt work, what UHF channel are you getting the 4 channels? This will also help us identify what tx you are getting the signal from.

Not all analogue transmitter sites in Wales at the moment have DTT (Freeview)

Cheers,

Damien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

I live on the northside of Dublin city and can receive all 5 UK channels through an aerial I installed in my attic, the signal comes from the Blaenplwyf main transmitter, I have a masthead amp on the aerial so the picture is quiet good, good teletext reception and I often wondered if I got a Freeview box would I be able to pick up the Freeview channels, worth a shot I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

DigiDec wrote:
    I live on the northside of Dublin city and can receive all 5 UK channels through an aerial I installed in my attic, the signal comes from the Blaenplwyf main transmitter, I have a masthead amp on the aerial so the picture is quiet good, good teletext reception and I often wondered if I got a Freeview box would I be able to pick up the Freeview channels, worth a shot I suppose.
    You wouldn't get Muxs C & D from Blaenplwf - they use the same frequencies as RTÉ1 and 2 from Three Rock. The other four multiplexes may be possible though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Fogmatic wrote: »
    My search results were pretty old, and the help available on the web has no doubt updated and improved since that big wave of early adopters of Freeview. I'd suggest starting a separate topic on the specific thing (mentioning your location), and maybe also posting a link to it in the Dublin forum.

Ironic or what ...... you ressurected a 13 year old thread to advise the OP to start a new thread :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

coylemj wrote: »
    Ironic or what ...... you ressurected a 13 year old thread to advise the OP to start a new thread :(
    Sorry - posted it in the wrong forum. Too easily done on phone screen, - I'll be more careful in future! I'll see if I can still delete it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Fogmatic wrote: »
    Sorry - posted it in the wrong forum. Too easily done on phone screen, - I'll be more careful in future!

tenor.gif

Advertisement