Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car crash

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 matheadug

Sparky_S wrote:
    And noobs like you should fcuk off, hope you like prison soon, the person had an accident, if everybody was so perfect in driving we would'nt need insurance, but im sure since your sooo perfect you dont have insurance and like to brake the law just like here on boards like having mutiple accounts, do ya hear me moondogcat yeah?

sparks been here loooong before you quit the noob stuff NOOOB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Webmonkey wrote:
    Rover 400. Lets not start the arguements of how rovers are crap cars though. They really nice car as a matter of a fact. I would do anything i coudl to have her back :(

Rover 400 hmmm.. is that one of the new rovers with the big plastic bumper that's a part of the body? Because if it is, if you get a smack in that, you have to replace quite a lot! :( What year is it? Would it be feasible to write it off and buy another car?

Grimes wrote:
    Are you one of these knobs who who says that accidents dont happen? Obviously Im worshiping the wrong messiah. Mr Perfecto. Human Decency? I know how you feel? Has happened to the best of us. I can assure you Mr responsible that one day you WILL be the cause of an accident. And then when your scr*wed you will turn to somone for advice.

he said he slided on a WET surface, its been a scorcher for days ????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I like the way you said at least no one was hurt, I've used that saying myself a few times in the past.

I'm too well up on how a pile up works but I can ask my sister tomorrow, she used to deal with these claims all the time in Quinn Direct and give you her advice tomorrow evening on what she thinks is the best way to deal with this.

There's plenty of ways of dealing with this, once you get over the shock and get a bit of kip it'll not look as bad in the morning.

Pm me a reminder if you want sisters advice ;)

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

why dont you use your regualar handle?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Kernel wrote:
    No no no... read my earlier post. .

I did read your earlier post. I am still entitled to my opinion, based on my experience and that of others, not what some random punter on the internet tells me.
    If you are sitting at traffic lights and somone rams into the car behind you, which then trashes your car, is that the fault of the car behind? Nope

Not if I'm sitting at the lights, no, but if someone hits me from behind when I'm doing 60mph and I'm up the ass of the car in front and as a result hit them then yes, it is my fault. They claim off me, I claim off the guy behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I reckon its plastic alright. Its a 98 one. Its a shame to have to get a new one as its just back to the tip of the tyre thats gone, up to the radiator inside.
    I've seen one in a scrap yard that might have an ok front. The body shouldn't be that hard to replace should it?

This is a photo of a rover 400: http://www.roverclub.se/bilder/400/rondaside2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

matheadug wrote:
    he said he slided on a WET surface, its been a scorcher for days ????

You really are anoying me to the point of screaming.
    Idiot. After a number of hot days a rainfall can cause a slippery layer on the tarmac. What age are you? Do you even drive? Thats basic .

And yes it has rained smart ar*e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

matheadug wrote:
    sparks been here loooong before you quit the noob stuff NOOOB

Newbie...

Mans just had a crash, so féck off back to the rock ya crawled out from under, no ones interested in your shíte.

Farlz

Silverfish wrote:
    but if someone hits me from behind when I'm doing 60mph and I'm up the ass of the car in front and as a result hit them then yes, it is my fault. They claim off me, I claim off the guy behind me.

Unfortuntally it was like people waiting at traffic lights. The queue was stationary, i was moving at about 25miles per hour

• Advertisement

Webmonkey wrote:
    I reckon its plastic alright. Its a 98 one. Its a shame to have to get a new one as its just back to the tip of the tyre thats gone, up to the radiator inside.
    I've seen one in a scrap yard that might have an ok front. The body shouldn't be that hard to replace should it?

This is a photo of a rover 400: http://www.roverclub.se/bilder/400/rondaside2.jpg

Ahh right, that's not the one I'm thinking of, I was thinking of a smaller one. You might be lucky, but doesn't sound to good that your engine has taken such a hammering mate. I'd guess that the front axle is bent, as I mentioned, and also the chassis is probably pushed back if you are having trouble closing the door. Get it checked out anyway, but it may not be worth anything more than scrapping at this point. Best of luck with it, and as I say, it looks like you will not hear from the nun, you got away with the front car, and the car you hit is a family friend, so she probably wont do you for repairs.

Unfortunately, insurance is the ultimate fraud in this country. You buy it in case you have an accident, but when you have one, you cant feasibly use it, so you are in effect paying for nothing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

matheadug wrote:
    stop moaning, your car didnt slide by itself, you were driving and you are responsible

What king of an insensitive pr*ck are you to say such a thing? :eek: Idiot...

All I can say Webmonkey is hang in there. Car crashes are terrible things to go through. I had a big one last year, wrote my new car off (the car wasn't new but it was new to me! Had it for 1 month...), I was 100% at fault... A nightmare. I've been on foot ever since... :( I couldn't stop thinking about it for a long time but thankfully nobody was seriously hurt and I realised life goes on...

You'll get through this. Think about the fact that it's only money and material damage. It sucks big time, but if like me, you ask yourself: "If you had killed someone and then God came to you and asked if you would rather change history and have an accident with material damage only, what would you do?". You'd do it in a heartbeat!

There are more important things in life than money and cars. That's what my accident thought me. (And that insurance companies are the devil!)

Hang in there Webmonkey! :)

Grimes wrote:
    Idiot. After a number of hot days a rainfall can cause a slippery layer on the tarmac. What age are you? Do you even drive? Thats basic .

water is slippy whether a number of hot days has passed or not, silly comment, and no, it didnt rain today, not enough that it wouldn't have evaporated in 20 seconds even if it did, but IT DID NOT RAIN TODAY , he caused a crash and is looking to limit the consequences

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Webmonkey wrote:
    Unfortuntally it was like people waiting at traffic lights. The queue was stationary, i was moving at about 25miles per hour

Ok, I was just making a general statement regarding rear collisions.

Hope it all works out

Steffano2002: Cheers man, thanks for the support.
    Thanks silverfish too. Thanks to everyone really. :)
    I don't know what to say to you matheadug. Do you even drive?

Anyways i'm off to bed now guys, thanks for the support. helped a lot. Will keep ye updated. Talk to ye tomorrow night.

Thanks
    Webmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

matheadug wrote:
    water is slippy whether a number of hot days has passed or not, silly comment, and no, it didnt rain today, not enough that it wouldn't have evaporated in 20 seconds even if it did, but IT DID NOT RAIN TODAY , he caused a crash and is looking to limit the consequences

You just keep on on digging your hole with your stupidity... If it rains for 20 seconds on a road which had no rain for 2-3 days it's 100 times more dangerous than driving on a road which has been rained on for 2 days straight!
    When it's dry and hot the roads get dirty with dust and exhaust gases and as soon as you add water to the equation it creates a greasy film meaning your tyres don't even touch the tarmac anymore! It's one of the first things you're taught when you learn how to drive!

But you wouldn't know anything about that now would you matheadug? It's not like you're allowed to drive at the age of 4...

I wish some Admin would ban your IP!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Matheadug Banned

Sparky_S wrote:
    Matheadug Banned

I can't thank you enough Sparky_S! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

If it rains for 20 seconds on a road which had no rain for 2-3 days it's 100 times more dangerous than driving on a road which has been rained on for 2 days straight!
    When it's dry and hot the roads get dirty with dust and exhaust gases and as soon as you add water to the equation it creates a greasy film meaning your tyres don't even touch the tarmac anymore! It's one of the first things you're taught when you learn how to drive!
    Yeah, one of the first things my father did when teachin me to drive was to bring me down a road on a day like this at 40 and tell me to stamp on the brakes. A bit of an eye opener to say the least. (Don't recall it bein part of the test though)

To OP: Hard luck on the crash, but take solice in the fact that no-one was hurt and you can move on. Unfortunately it is the kind of crash that can happen absolutely anyone.

• Advertisement

Yeah its frightening how slippy it is. Well at least i'll know this in the future anyways.

I phoned the Nun up, its belong to the nun community. She had already contacted the insurance and they sending out a form. What she is going to do is send the form off but not claim from me. She will then go to a garage to get a rough estimate on cost or repairs and tell me. Then i'll have to pay up front for the damage. Sounds resonable.

Other Woman is doing the same and they both getting back to me next week.

Its a bloddy nightmare :(

I'll keep ye updated

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

really puts some of the financial debts i have into perspective.

hard luck mate. it reall is a nightmare situation to have a not one but several cars to have to pay for. writing off or nearly writing off my own car would piss me off enough but that's only one of your worries.

as mentioned above, no one was hurt so you have to look at it from that point of view.

from reading your post it doesn't seem you were driving carelessly so it was just really unfortunate. hang in there and best of luck with it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

*didn't read all the thread*

You're very lucky with the few people you collided with...there are a lot of people out there who would have been shouting "Whiplash!" before your car had come to a complete halt; fixing crumple zones is one thing...paying up for people's bogus neck injuries is quite another.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

wrote off my two month old car last year and have two claims against my insurance, waiting now til next month for my renewal policy on the old banger i had to by to replace it, not looking forward to it at all, my insurance was E1800 last year, hope its not much more than E3500, this time round,
    Crashing our car sucks big time, but s***e happens, dont worry to much about it, you will get through it, Life goes on,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

you are only responsible for the car u hit, not the ones in front of that, and the guards could do u for dangerous driveng, but they seldom do in a case like yours (too much paper work for them), they have seven months to issue you with it (6 mths to sumons u and 1 mth to issue it), if that time goes by and u hear nothing from them your in the clear,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Jaysus, I was in a crash yesterday morning as well. A car came flyin round the corner, lost it on the slippery road and slammed into the side of our jeep. It hit the door that I was sitting at. All I can say is I'm damn lucky I was in a 4x4 coz I was more or less above the level of the impact.

Heres the other car.

And matheadug, yes it did fúckin rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I sypmathise with the original poster over this incident as something similar happen to me a view years ago. However in my case it was most certainly my fault and the cat in front of me was a write-off! :eek:

I was only a crappy 1997 Alfa something-not-too-good thankfully or I would've been screwed. I paid for the guys' car myself (about E2000) and my own damage (again nearly E2000) and worked my ass off for the next year to pay money back to my bro who had thankfully agreed to lend me the required funds interest-free. :)

Here's a post I've rooted out that I put up about the crash the day it happened for anyone interested...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=120468&highlight=crashed

you are only responsible for the car u hit, not the ones in front of that, and the guards could do u for dangerous driveng, but they seldom do in a case like yours (too much paper work for them), they have seven months to issue you with it (6 mths to sumons u and 1 mth to issue it), if that time goes by and u hear nothing from them your in the clear,

Wrong.

Responsible... yawn.. for all the ... *stretch*... cars involved in the accident..zzzzzzzzzzzzz

No way the Gardai would do someone for dangerous driving in a situation like the OP... it was an accident, not negligence or dangerous driving ('driving a vehicle in a public place without due care and attention') in any way.

Giles wrote:
    I sypmathise with the original poster over this incident as something similar happen to me a view years ago. However in my case it was most certainly my fault and the cat in front of me was a write-off! :eek:

I was only a crappy 1997 Alfa something-not-too-good thankfully or I would've been screwed. I paid for the guys' car myself (about E2000) and my own damage (again nearly E2000) and worked my ass off for the next year to pay money back to my bro who had thankfully agreed to lend me the required funds interest-free. :)

Here's a post I've rooted out that I put up about the crash the day it happened for anyone interested...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=120468&highlight=crashed
    Thanks for that. Read your post there, similer experience. I suppose it happens every day.

muckwarrior: Aw man pissing off, well at least your not the fault :) Any body injured?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Roads down here in Kerry have gone to **** since the weather.

A: It's pure tar now (this morning rabbit ran out in front of me, dabbed the brakes and skidded)

B: Where it's heated up and lorries have passed over it and settled again it's left loss stones so more slipping and sliding going on with that but wet tar is lethal stuff.

Also the fact your car was the most damaged. That's odd but I've heard before the moving car always gets the damage, my mom was in an accident where lad drove into her flying, his car was almost written off in the front, she got a broken headlight. It must be a kinetics thing.

Anyway if it was me I'd do my best to stay away from the insurance company. They will bankrupt you in insurance hikes.

Advertisement