Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bmw 520i e39 clutch delay valve

Options
  • 13-07-2005 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭

I am wondering if anyone knows if the the bmw 520i e39 shape is fitted with a clutch delay valve (or lock valve as bmw call it).
    I have always found it difficult to smoothly shift my 520i, it always seems a bit jerky.
    I was searching the web for bmw jerky clutch, and came across, several websites, showing how to remove the clutch delay valve.
    However they seem to mention all except the 520i.
    It may not have one anyone know.
    I might just be gettin' old and losin' me faculties.
    And i don't want to crawl under the thing unless i really gotta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Not a BMW person or anything but I have a Prelude that uses a clutch regulator to smooth out clutch operations, this sounds similar to what you're talking about but it sounds like it may have been disconnected in your case !

I think if you follow the piping from the clutch fluid resevoir to the clutch actuator on the gearbox you'll soon spot it.

Sorry if this doesn't help.

Zen

stratos wrote:
    I am wondering if anyone knows if the the bmw 520i e39 shape is fitted with a clutch delay valve (or lock valve as bmw call it).
    I have always found it difficult to smoothly shift my 520i, it always seems a bit jerky.
    I was searching the web for bmw jerky clutch, and came across, several websites, showing how to remove the clutch delay valve.
    However they seem to mention all except the 520i.
    It may not have one anyone know.
    I might just be gettin' old and losin' me faculties.
    And i don't want to crawl under the thing unless i really gotta.

Advertisement