Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Admin Access for Win XP

• 13-07-2005 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy All,
    Hopefully someone can help me! I have 2 accounts setup on XP. 1 admin and 1 guest. I somehow for the life of me, forgot the admin password and now im fecked because i cant really do anything with the other account as it is very limited. Is there away of getting the other account admin access or getting the admin password without reinstalling or using boot discs?
    Thanks
    aNtOdEcO

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

For the future, you could setup another account as a back door with admin rights. If you have complete physical control of an XP machine then AFAIK leaving the admin password BLANK will prevent remote logins.

Don't forget you can rename the administrator account - "Me" is easier to type and then you could create a new account called administrator...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I tried that website but got no where! As you can imagine, by me losing my password, im not that bright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Cant some of the Linux bootable cds reset the administrator password. I can remember a while back doing it but can't remember which distro it was. Must have a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Winternals Locksmith can change the password...but its expensive.

Forgot how to do it otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

surely theres an easier way and cheaper to get it done! in the same boat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

afaik as long as you haven't set up an admin password when you installed windows, if you go into safe mode, you can access an admin account that is only accessible thru safe mode, then you just need to go into user accounts and clear the password on the normal windows admin account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

Advertisement