Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PJ's????????????????

• 14-07-2005 6:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

On my way home last night and saw two girls waiting for a bus wearing their PJ's!!!! :confused:

Now i'm hearing this morning that this is some new fashion craze????

Anyone else hear of this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

yeah, when I was in high school in the USA a few months ago they had PJ days for the girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

damn. i thought this was about the animated series with eddie murphy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

stagolee wrote:
    damn. i thought this was about the animated series with eddie murphy :(

Yeah me too - im dissapointed now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

heard it on the radio too. not nearly as interesting as the apparent 'bushing' craze that according to the media is being embraced by our youth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

vibe666 wrote:
    heard it on the radio too. not nearly as interesting as the apparent 'bushing' craze that according to the media is being embraced by our youth.

:confused: Do go on.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

I sleep naked, does that mean I can work naked?

vibe666 wrote:
    not nearly as interesting as the apparent 'bushing' craze that according to the media is being embraced by our youth.

bushing as in:
    1. bushing
    drinking alcohol wit tha boys and da bjores/bours in a discreet area like da back of da castlegar center or down the tracks.
    taken from urban dictionary.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

it was more than likely a dare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

stagolee wrote:
    taken from urban dictionary.com
    not according to the thing on the radio and in the papers a few weeks back. almost right apart from a crucial bit of info, in that the boirds don't wear pants. apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

I think there's a trend for areas of lower socio-economic background to wear their pyjamas during the day and even change them a few times. I was told about this occuring in Drumcondra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

Bondai beach club in Stillorgan have themed nights where everyone goes in their pyjamas. Don't know how regular it is but I was on the 46A recently going from town and lots of young'uns in their PJs going to Bondai. It was a Wednesday night too.

That might answer your question...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah... They've been doing it for years now. You see them doing it in winter and I don't know how they aren't freezing... There are a good few Pyjama People around the area where I work, but they seem to be at their highest concentration in the North Inner-City.

They'll walk around the street chat to their friends, go to the shops all in their pyjamas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

What Monkeyfudge said.

I live just off Parnell St. and I see it the whole time. I'd be standing in line at the Centra on the corner, and there'd be some bird in front, in her pyjamas, with her day's shopping in her arms.

The Pyjama People are all over the northside. Bus Stops, shops, walking around, chippers..

Personally I think it's pretty gross, nobody wants to see me going down the shops in my boxer shorts.. but that's just me..

K.

are you sure these people haven't just escaped from a home for the bewildered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

On a Sunday morning I used to walk down to the local shop to buy breakfast and I'd take my morning mug of coffee with me from the house and drink it on the way. Some people found that a bit odd...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

They are everywhere, driving home through north wall and east wall it's like driving past a hotel that's been evacuated in the night or something, everyone going around in pajamas, it's usually pajama bottoms with slippers but a normal jacket or top? Recently I saw a young girl in pajama bottoms and her school jumper! Was she in school in her pajamas?
    This phase has been going on for time now and seems to be taking over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

ha ha this craze hasn't reached my part of the country yet.....
    Did see quite alot of people wearing their pjs during the day @ oxegen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Oh god id love to wear my jammies into work , Id wear em everywhere if i could!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

vibe666 wrote:
    not according to the thing on the radio and in the papers a few weeks back. almost right apart from a crucial bit of info, in that the boirds don't wear pants. apparently.

at little weasley if you are ever passing by you can se the kids with their underwear wrapped around their wrists now! must be a new craze....

as for pj's being a craze...i duno! i was a t bondi a while ago and it was a pj's nite! i didnt no and cam in t-shirt and jeans....i sleelp in my boxers and a fw drinks later i was on the stage dancing in only them!irrelevant i know i just thought it fit in with the new fashion trend of pj's.....bondi is trying to get"with it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I always see people wearing pj's in Mcdonald's down the road from me..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

*feels hip and with it*

this trend has been goin on for round two years now. i was never really into it but you do see people wearing pj's round a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I sometimes wear my pjs early in the morning going to the shop or if i'm going over to my friends. Don't see anything wrong with it, what is the difference between jammies and normal 'everyday clothes' really?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ya a friend of mine wore hers intocollege a lot...interesting anyways :)

Advertisement