Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus wheel problem

Options
  • 14-07-2005 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭

Okay, to cut a long story short, I managed to break off two of the bolts that the wheel slides on to while changing the wheel. Car is a 00 Focus saloon.
    (a) Should I have been able to do this (surely they should take savage knocks in their stride)

(b) What has to be replaced?

(c) How much will it cost?!!

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Scary! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

the mother crossed thread a wheel stud on her almera once. nissan changed it at a service. think they only charged a few quid for the bolt itself. i'd assume the hub has to be dismanteld and a new studs fitted. as for why they broke thats a different story. car been crashed? hit a pothole hard?

Advertisement