Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer 7

Options
  • 14-07-2005 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭

This great looking game is finally out tomorrow. Reviews have been mixed, ranging from
    At best, playing the game is like having someone shout in your ear for 15 hours straight. At worst, it's like getting a high colonic with balsamic vinegar.
    to
    "One of the most unique titles ever to hit a console, as well as one of the Gamecube’s best. It uses an original art style with simplistic gameplay to create a unique and addictive experience.
    I'm buying it anyway.... looks and sounds like a really original game, and I've been looking forward to it since it was announced....

Has anyone had a chance to play it yet?

Selection of Reviews....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll be getting it as well. I'm putting my faith in capcom to bring out another great game. I really don't mind limited old-school gameplay and combat. In fact it's one of the reasons I'm so excited about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

PN 03 got similiar reviews and I actually really enjoyed it.

I'll definitely be picking up a copy of this at some stage... if only to support something that's trying to be a bit original. I say I'll pick it up at some stage... as I have far too much stuff lying around unplayed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I liked PN03 alot.... with more responsive controls, it would have been a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

im defo gettin it. i couldnt care what the reviews say. ive been waiting ages and i think id enjoy it. many reviews have given it betweenn 8 and 9. EDGE gave it 8 and they were saying a lot of people wont like it and all that rubbish. people willl dislike anything they can. this will be good.something new. something original. whther its a mindless shooter or not it will still kick ass.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I detested PN03. If it didn't force you to do those samey extra missions for upgrades I might have found it passable.

This however looks like a much different kettel of fish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Played it for a bit last night. It is very strange, and is something very different from what one expects, even from the sometimes left-field Capcom.

The graphics are great and controls work surprisingly well, but after a little over 30 minutes play, nothing is making much sense. I can see people loathing it, but I'm finding it quite enjoyable. At at only €45, it's not going to break the bank!

Only €45? Excellent.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm kinda tempted... but just looking at my backlog at the moment is scary.
    Though I really like the art style of this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I had a chance to review it for Boomtown, I passed. Hope I don't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I'm kinda tempted... but just looking at my backlog at the moment is scary.
    Though I really like the art style of this game.
    I know what you mean. I have so many unfinished games to finish at the minute. Still going to give this one a look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I'll be getting it as well. I'm putting my faith in capcom to bring out another great game. I really don't mind limited old-school gameplay and combat. In fact it's one of the reasons I'm so excited about it.
    likewise.
    my copy shipped on tuesday :)

sprinkles wrote:
    I know what you mean. I have so many unfinished games to finish at the minute. Still going to give this one a look.
    I have several 'unstarted' games to get through first....

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Just because its very orignal doesnt meen its good.

Just because you haven't played it doesn't mean it's crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

seeing as this game won't appeal much to the masses, what are the chances that the price tag will fall real fast?

I can see either that happening because retail overstock it, or it will become like Ikaruga where they didn't stock enough and is a real pain to find a pal copy.

I picked up a copy of GAMEStm this morning. They gave Killer 7 nine out of ten. Haven't had time to read the review yet... methinks a prolonged tip to the toilet is in order...

I picked up a copy of GAMEStm this morning. They gave Killer 7 nine out of ten. Haven't had time to read the review yet... methinks a prolonged tip to the toilet is in order...
    Keep us informed....of the review that is and not you toiletry issues

A 7 is quite good for GamesTM. It probably dropped a point for not being everybodies cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Retr0gamer wrote:
    A 7 is quite good for GamesTM. It probably dropped a point for not being everybodies cup of tea.
    They gave Killer 7 nine out of ten.
    Too many numbers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Retr0gamer wrote:

They gave it 9/10.

• Advertisement

I should just go back to bed :o

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I should just go back to bed :o

yeah, feck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Played it for a bit last night. It is very strange, and is something very different from what one expects, even from the sometimes left-field Capcom.

The graphics are great and controls work surprisingly well, but after a little over 30 minutes play, nothing is making much sense. I can see people loathing it, but I'm finding it quite enjoyable. At at only €45, it's not going to break the bank!
    Yeah, funny you said after 30mins it seemed confusing, one review I read says that the 'story' is ultra confusing for most of the first 2hours! :o

I think this looks like it'll be a great game, really quirky.

Just read the review now. They say it's as good as Metroid Prime 2.

They say it's pretty tough, but if you get good at adjusting your skill sets you should be okay. They also say the boss encounters are absolutely amazing with titles like "Killer7 vs The HandsomeMen Battle".

Some things they that they say are wrong with it are that certain enemies can only be killed by certain characters, so sometimes you have to do alot of switching around to get past a small stretch of road. And some enemies can take you out in one with unless you manafe to shoot a tiny spot on their forhead inside a strict 5 second time limit first.

It apparently comes with some great unlockables when you complete the game, including a mystery 8th character.

Oh... and it actually comes on 2 discs.. which is something I didn't know.

oh yes.. and they gave it 9/10

Have any of you played Gregory Horror Show?

I played it for about 3 hours, must get that back out.

I think I'll be buying Killer 7 though, sounds really good.

God Of War & Killer 7 are now on my 'must buy' lists.

sprinkles wrote:
    Have any of you played Gregory Horror Show?

I played it for about 3 hours, must get that back out.
    I loved Gergory Horror Show.

I could never get past the bit with the chef though...

The game gets so much harder the further you get into it as everyone is after you to get their souls back.

Got this game last night, played it for 20 minutes and turned it off. Didn't like it.

Turned it on this evening, played for 2 hours straight, finished first level. Now I love it! :)

This is a weird game. Not just "David Lynch" weird, but more like "David Lynch after a cocktail of drugs" weird. This really takes some time to get into, and to understand the mechanics. After the first level, you're shown a gorgeous cutscene explaining alot of the backstory, and makes you want to play more.

Two things I don't like about it:

1. Why are the great cut scenes spoken in perfect english, yet all ingame dialogue is spoken in gibberish? Also, dialogue can be skipped completely, but cannot be sped up (a pain in the ass when reading ingame instructions).

2. I'm tired of that blue blobby loading screen (which you see ALOT during the game).

Oh well. The game is keeping me interested... looking forward to seeing where it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Master. We're in a tight spot! :confused:

what an odd character Iwarazu is.

ive only played for about an hour and a half. i like it. it does involve gettin into but it didnt take me long. also i didnt find any problems with the control methods which many people complain about. everyone should play this game. love it or hate it/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Gave it a go at lunchtime today (PS2 version).
    It's very interesting... the amount of loading is driving me nuts, but I blame that on the fact I was playing it on the wrong console... :p
    Graphics are beautiful, and it seems like something totally original, for a change.
    Pity I don't have the money for the GC version right now...

Advertisement