Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a difference a 'jitter' makes....

Options
  • 14-07-2005 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I hooked into some ranked server last night with a pretty lousy ping, but it was the only ranked game in town (so to speak) hitting around 140-150 pings. I tried it - being desperate for some online action and woah - what a difference that made from the usual sub-100 ping server game...

Sniping - pretty much impossible unless you get a lucky shot off.

Driving - Very very funny... especially when those trees magically appear in front of you from nowhere. I can just see the insurance claims now ;)

Flying - Don't even go there.

Flag Defending - more a case of using your body as a shield for someone else to defend it actually; not much more you can do.

Anti-Aircraft - actually quite possible because you are stationary, waiting for those flares to dissappear anyway so by the time you get a shot or two off, the missiles have locked on to the correct target.

Mine Laying - the only safe thing in town. At least when you throw the mines they won't go off in your face (unless some obliging idiot comes driving by), but avoid the claymores...you won't have time to get away before they go boom!

Was it enjoyable? No, not in a million years.
    Was it laughable? Hell yes. For a while until the insanity wore off and I just gave up trying to find another server.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I know where your coming from and feel your pain! I pretty much gave up the flying and driving on a server a few nights ago and eventually packed in the game altogether. Need the patch soon before people start to lose interest in the game, although I'd say they'll play the next patch release very carefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

ive given up on ranked servers tbh. It takes forever to find one with an open slot, and by the time i do find one ive been trying so long im in a bad mood and dont feel like playing. Im sticking to normal servers from now on, if i see a ranked one with space, ill get on it, but til then, i cant be arsed spending half my game time trawling through the server browser

Advertisement