Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Traffic School?

Options
  • 14-07-2005 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

You think they'll ever introduce Traffic School in Ireland as an alternative to points on your license? Or even in addition to them?

Wouldn't be a bad idea.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

They can't look after what we currently have in place for both education and enforcement so not much point in thinking up new ideas IMO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Enygma wrote:
    You think they'll ever introduce Traffic School in Ireland as an alternative to points on your license? Or even in addition to them?
    Probably not, mainly for the reason kbannon mentioned.

The same thing applies to something I've been banging on about for years, namely that it should be necessary to pass the test before your license is renewed or returned after a ban.

I reckon that would do wonders for the standard of driving on Irish roads, but it'll never happen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

They can't look after what we currently have in place for both education and enforcement so not much point in thinking up new ideas IMO!

Well then isn't it time to review what is in place and see what can be done about it? See if it should be scrapped and replaced with something new? Has traffic school proven worthwhile in other countries?

That's a good point about having to pass a test again to renew your license. I feel that early education would be the most effective, people should learn about cars and driving in school. Maybe even take a test.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Enygma wrote:
    Well then isn't it time to review what is in place and see what can be done about it? See if it should be scrapped and replaced with something new? Has traffic school proven worthwhile in other countries?
    Im not disputing the need for proper drivers ed. but given that it is taking the DoE so long just to revise the feckin rules of the road I wouldn't expect too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

It could easily self-finance though. a €50 fine and two points or a €150 fine and a day's educajun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah I thought this post was going to be about the Traffic School in Clontarf for kiddies!!

Advertisement