Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPTP disconnecting

Options
  • 21-06-2001 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Setting up a VPN in the office using pptp. ( i know i know.. it's just a test though ).

Anyway, just really configuring the server at the moment, Wint NT 4.0 server, and a workstation , Win NT 4, on the lan to connect to it. The client connects grand, but after exactly 34 seconds disconnects.

Anyone seen this sort of thing before ? Anyone setup a pptp network using nt 4 before ?

Cheers,
    Gav

ps both machines are sp6

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Verb:
    Howdy,

Setting up a VPN in the office using pptp. ( i know i know.. it's just a test though ).

Anyway, just really configuring the server at the moment, Wint NT 4.0 server, and a workstation , Win NT 4, on the lan to connect to it. The client connects grand, but after exactly 34 seconds disconnects.

Anyone seen this sort of thing before ? Anyone setup a pptp network using nt 4 before ?

Cheers,
    Gav

ps both machines are sp6
    </font>

What are you using to authenticate the user when the log in? ie is it a Domain Controller or are you using Radius Authentication on another server?

During the 34 seconds that it stays connected does it work properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

It authenticates via the pdc. It works fine for the 34 seconds. Gives out the ip, sets up routing table. Everything is grand.

I am going to try it from an ip outside the lan and see if that makes any difference.

Gav

Advertisement