Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing a multi fuel stove

Options
  • 14-07-2005 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be renovating the place I've just bought in the next few months and I'm interested in removing the exisiting fireplace in one of the rooms and installing a small multi fuel stove.

I would like the stove to sit "into" the gap left by the fireplace. Basically, I would like it to look like this type of fireplace:

Here!

I can hack away the majority of the fireplace that is currently in the house but I've no idea how much it'll cost for someone to clear out and clean up the rest. A process not disimilar to this:

Fireplace change

Does anyone have even a vague idea of the costs involved in this. The stove itself we've costed at about 1K and installation is about €250. It's a small room and small fireplace so it should be relatively cheap.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭chabsey

Anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I cant help you with prices but its a job i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy!!Dismantling an disposing of a fireplace is just about the messiest job you could imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi chabsey,

I think this topic came up recently so a browse back through the posts may help, if I remember correctly the price was in the order of 4,000.00 supply and fit for the stove.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭chabsey

rooferPete wrote:
    Hi chabsey,

I think this topic came up recently so a browse back through the posts may help, if I remember correctly the price was in the order of 4,000.00 supply and fit for the stove.

Thanks, did a search and found it. Christ! Seems very expensive, but then I suppose it all depends on the circumstances. The house in question isn't brick so that might help. It's two storey though so who knows what it'll cost.

Anyway, I'll wait and see. Thanks for all replies.

Advertisement