Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP2200+ Problem

Options
  • 14-07-2005 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭

Help me!! For some reason my XP2200+ TB-B core will not POST unless I UNDERclock it??? Mobo is a Abit NF-S Nforce2 memory is cheap ass DDR400. Any idea's??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Gareth2303

umm, I think you should get rid of it and give it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭andy1249

Seen something similar Im sure , I had an AMD 2200 processor , actual clock speed should have been 1.5 ghz , but when installed and booted with an abit motherboard would only boot at 900mhz ! Is this what you are seeing , if so its the motherboard bios defaults thats the problem , it automatically does this , you have to go into the Bios setup and there should be an option saying something like " load with optimised defaults " and then the system should boot at the correct clock speed.
    Overclocking can then be taken from there !!

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

andy1249 wrote:
    Seen something similar Im sure , I had an AMD 2200 processor , actual clock speed should have been 1.5 ghz , but when installed and booted with an abit motherboard would only boot at 900mhz ! Is this what you are seeing , if so its the motherboard bios defaults thats the problem , it automatically does this , you have to go into the Bios setup and there should be an option saying something like " load with optimised defaults " and then the system should boot at the correct clock speed.
    Overclocking can then be taken from there !!

Hope this helps
    Yup forgot i had to that and enable the CPU interface. She is now happily running at2018mzh @ 45degrees :D

Advertisement