Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest .ie domains

Options
  • 14-07-2005 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi,

Where can i get the cheapest .ie domains ?

Actually, also, out of interest who are the most expensive ?

Tnx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Try asking the hosts themselves - as they aint allowed to advertise here

and dont forget aswell

Google can be your friend

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=cheapest+.ie+domains&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryIE

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭chancer_007

wow there nelly, all he asked was for who, not a bombardment of urls basically from the same bloody company

http://www.register.ie/ Ireland's Hosting Provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

chancer where are you finding these urls from the "same bloody company" from Ph3n0ms google link? All you posted was a link. Is it the cheapest? Is it the most expensive?

ConsultClifford your best bet as Ph3n0m said is to ask each company that offers a .ie. Most have the prices on their sites anyway. this link may give a more complete list of companies.

Originally chancer posted 5 urls, so I edited it down to one and did a one liner rant - I should point out that none of the links he posted came from my google query

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

I'd hardly call register.ie good for cheap.ie domains

have a look at www.letshost.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I can see where this thread is going to go...

/me grabs some popcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

http://www.iedr.ie/ListResellers.php is yer only man - full list of all accredited .ie resellers, with a seperate table for those with more than 500 .ie domains under management.

nope, it isnt going anywhere - if this turns into another hosting bitchfest - the thread will be closed and all offenders banned indefinitely from this forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

For once I agree with McCarron Sr. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

€55.99 inclusive from these guys:

http://www.alwaysamber.com

The cheapest I've found so far and I've had no problems when using them.

• Advertisement

Call me old fashioned - but for an "irish" company like that I would prefer to know where they are physically located - since there is not one telephone number or address on that website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Call me old fashioned - but for an "irish" company like that I would prefer to know where they are physically located - since there is not one telephone number or address on that website

If you click on the emails on the top right of the page it has the address:

Our mailing address is:
    Always Amber
    Doonties East
    Lispole
    Co Kerry
    IRELAND

Graham wrote:
    €55.99 inclusive from these guys:

http://www.alwaysamber.com

The cheapest I've found so far and I've had no problems when using them.

Only a couple of posts up, www.letshost.ie has .ie domains for €42.99 a year. Is there something missing from their offer?

Serbian wrote:
    Only a couple of posts up, www.letshost.ie has .ie domains for €42.99 a year. Is there something missing from their offer?

Unless they have changed things that price was only valid with hosting.

Nope, seems to be the normal price they charge for just the domain. Look's like they are officially the cheapest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

2 things to watch out for

1) AlwaysAmber used to be outside EU, which makes for complicated VAT accounting (if you want to do it right).. so if that's still the case, and you're a business just double check that your accountant/book-keeper is up for the extra hassle (which, IMO, will negate the few quid savings you'll make in the extra time required by same)

2) Watch out for with-hosting-only prices, as very often the hosting is much more expensive than else where.

Last time I checked (and that was more than a year ago at this stage) Blacknight were the cheapest domain-only price that published prices on their website. I really have no idea how half of the IEDR reseller list entrants got in there, or stay in there.. but there's only a few of that list that actually make any attempt at promoting .ie and publish prices, etc.

HTH
    .cg

Nope, seems to be the normal price they charge for just the domain. Look's like they are officially the cheapest?

From their main page (news thing on main page):

"ie DOMAINS FOR ONLY €42.99 per year
    Lets Host Guarantee to offer the lowest .ie
    prices in Ireland, at all times! (hosting required)"

Graeme may have changed that policy and not updated the main page of the site. I honestly don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LetsHost

LetsHost do not require customers to buy hosting in order to take advantage of the €42.99 .ie domain price. We never have done, and do not intend to change the policy.

The message on the main page has a typo - and should read (No hosting required) - Thanks Michele for pointing that out :) Its fixed now...

As far as I know LetsHost offer the cheapest .ie domains in Ireland at €42.99 + Vat (€52.02).

Graeme - fair enough

Isn't that only a margin of about 2-3 euro per domain per year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Isn't that only a margin of about 2-3 euro per domain per year?

3 euro i believe Steve. Hardly worth while for all the work that is involved in the registration of ie domains.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

Here's a great deal http://www.netsource.ie/

127 for .ie ok.... but for a .com now thats taking ripoff ireland to a new level!

127 for .ie ok.... but for a .com now thats taking ripoff ireland to a new level!
    You don't have to buy from them if you don't want to.
    If you look at domain pricing with any ISP, be they Irish or European, you will generally find that their pricing is significantly higher than that offered by hosting providers.

There are reasons why companies opt to use ISPs. There are reasons why companies opt to use hosting providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

www.nuasoft.com are offering free .ie domains with hosting

Sposs wrote:
    www.nuasoft.com are offering free .ie domains with hosting

They are €75 per year after that, plus their hosting packages aren't all that competitive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

You'll find that most ISPs have failed to keep up with developments in the retail domain/hosting business. They still handle things manually with paper invoices and all the hassle which that entails. Most Hosting Service Providers (HSPs) tend to be highly automated operations. To put this in perspective, the ISPs in Ireland now account for around 25% of Irish domains whereas the top hosting providers (Hosting365 and Blacknight among them) account for around 52% of Irish domains and websites. The traditional ISPs (Eircom/Esat/Netsource) have been losing domains gradually though Eircom made an attempt to streamline its operation and it has stabilised somewhat. Esat has been losing domains to deletion and other hosters and is one of the consistent losers over the last few months.

The domain/hosting business has changed from being one where ISPs could gouge unsuspecting customers to one where domains are now a mass market item and the consumer has choice. The problem is that often the low priced domains registration offers are loss leaders for higher priced hosting packages.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement