Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interpol at Oxegen

• 14-07-2005 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

I dont think ive ever seen such an amazing live show, The crowd were amazing and the band were really feeding off it,They Blew every other band off the stage, anyone else think it was the gig of the festival?

Here's a Vid:

Interpol - Oxegen

Ill post more if anyone wants them......

S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

all i can say was amazing...... wandered into the tent then realised they were on only saw half an hour was brilliant.. then ian brown after truly the best few hours of the weekend

do u have a playlist of interpol from the gig?

put some pics up

ronan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

yeah,they really were amazing,highlight of the weekend.Was even better than their show in the Olympia in April.PDA had to be the best bit of the gig-the over extended pause,class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Atmosphere

I heard that they had a brilliant performance at Oxegen, but sadly I missed it. Can you post some more videos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Of course I can:

Vid 2

Ive two more coming in a min.

Watching those videos again sends shivers down my spine, I had to watch the band on my own, because all my mates went to green day........ Only one left green day and met me over there....... and the two of us wont shut up about it....... GOD THEY WERE GOOD! god bless the sound desk for getting them spot on.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Atmosphere

Thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

Damn it i really wanted to see these but went to green day cos i thought they'd be more energetic. I just thought that the singer of Interpol seemed very depressed in the songs ad videos and that Green Day would make for a better time at a festival. Did they interact with the crowd? Were they infact energetic?

Nidge wrote:
    Damn it i really wanted to see these but went to green day cos i thought they'd be more energetic. I just thought that the singer of Interpol seemed very depressed in the songs ad videos and that Green Day would make for a better time at a festival. Did they interact with the crowd? Were they infact energetic?

Here's a review I robbed off oxegen.ie:

NAME OF ACT: INTERPOL
    WHERE: GREEN ROOM
    DAY: SATURDAY

OVERVIEW: It's pitch dark in here, it's hot as hell, the sound of Green Day is bleeding over from the main stage and the sense of excitement is as strong as I've ever felt it at a gig. It's Interpol in a smallish tent and we're all willing it to be great. 'Next Exit' opens the set as it does the second album and it's oh so clear this is gonna be one of those nights. The band are all in black, the stage setting is stark and the lights and dry ice cast an evil glare. We could be in a dungeon next door to Hades and Paul Banks is giving us the evil eye. The music is just too perfectly intense, scarier than any of the rickety funfair rides across the way. 'Evil' is rowdy, 'Slow Hands' is pulled from the band by the crowds handclaps and 'Obstacle 1' isn't allowed to start because the chanting from the audience is just too loud. Surely one of the best performances (band and crowd) of the festival.

CROWD REACTION: Interpol barely speak between songs but even their studied detachment melts at the enthusiasm of the Oxegen audience. "You guys are the most *£&$ing amazing audience ever!" they concede before taking extended bows.

IMPORTANT MOMENTS: 'Not Even Jail' begins with it's pummelling drumbeat, builds to it's first peak and there's a spontaneous burst of applause even though we all know the songs is only half over. It continues it's epic streak and again, the crowd can't help but cheer at the end of the second section. And finally, just before the final stretch there's another burst of appreciation before even more extended applause at the end. It was like four premature curtain calls for the standout track of the night.

OXEGEN RATING OUT OF TEN: 10, clearly

Watch these 2 together:

Vid 1
    Vid 2

Sean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

look brilliant alright, fair pished of i missed em, any vids of other acts rabbit?

Ive loads of Bloc party, Snoop, Prodigy, bravery, LCD, Ill try and put more up on monday, filled a gig card on the first day!

Sean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Excellent gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ballinasloe

I was just amazed, love their albums but never expected them to be so good live. It must be one of the best live performances I've ever witnessed. I reckon they really showed up other bands, this was the perfect gig, I've been to all the Witnness / Oxegen festivals and nothing comes close. :)

Im glad to hear that Im not anlone in thinking this was more than a great gig..

Anyone got a full set list yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

I didn't make it to Interpol, completely forgot they were playing actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 overhere

Ive loads of Bloc party, Snoop, Prodigy, bravery, LCD, Ill try and put more up on monday, filled a gig card on the first day!

Sean.

would defo be interested in seeing your pics vids

interpol were the highlight of the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I'd pay €140 just to see interpol again, they were just a touch of class in an otherwise over commercial line up, it was stunning, i thought greenday would be better live too but not so seen them in the point and interpol just blew every band i've ever seen live away right up there with Muse live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Interpol at oxegen had to be one of the best live acts i have ever seen... and ive been to hundreds of gigs over the years...

I've got some great pics, which i'll post later...

Great pictures, What kinda camera do you have? I just cant put my finger on what made that gig sooo special...... They sounded amazing, the crowd was in a frenzy and they seemed to be bowled over at the energy........ Ive never got that feeling at a gig before. and Ive also been to loads......

S.

Its a Canon Poweshot A80. 4MP.

Some great shots there alright. Happy with them....

• Advertisement
Advertisement