Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft

Options
  • 14-07-2005 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Sorry for hi-jacking the forum DeV but I'm wondering what people think of W.o.W. I've been debating the outlay for a while now and I'm curious about just how good you guys/girls think it is?

Regards,
    Evac101

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Moved to the proper WoW board, the competition entries one won't get you many replies.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Great game - my first MMORPG - got totally hooked in no time. Worth the money (easily) in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Great game now, tooling up to do MC/Onyxia now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

A game that took up 50 days of my time in total in the space of a few short months. I quit playing about 2 months ago and I'm itching to get back but I've a feeling after a day or four I'll be a little bored of it. I will go back to it though at some stage. I'm kind of regretting not putting the time into a character on bladefist as I haven't met 1 other Irish player on the server I've spent most of my time on. The players you're playing with would have a pretty big influence I think. A game I'd recommend to anyone to try out although I'll be keeping an eye on what the future brings. A little while at lvl 60 can get very very boring. Re-doing the same things night after night can get too irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I think its a fantastic game. Myself and a friend bought it at the same time and play on the same server. I have to admit though, I havent put much time into it, so after about 4 months Im still only level 28! :(

Finals and new jobs have basically distracted me sadly. But I shall persevere and reach lvl 60 one day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SavageCabbage

It was my first MMO and I do love it.
    I've been playing since early Jan (beta).

I have wife kids etc so I don't get a huge amount of time to play. My main character tells me I've been playing about 11 days. That would be since early April. I've reached level 47.

The main thing that keeps the game interesting for me is the social aspect. Guild chat keeps me sane, and stops me from becoming overly irritated / bored.

If you have any friends who play, make sure to join the same server. There are a good number of Irish on Bladefist (along with a lot of Swedes for some reason... meh)

It can be a very repetitive game in some respects... building a social aspect into it for yourself will help to keep the interest there when it goes through what I would call the tough period of lvl 30-40... I didn't really enjoy those... but I am loving 40+.

SC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I love it. Spent about a month playing as a paladin, got to lvl 22 and got bored...
    Started again this week as a hunter, and it kicks a$$. Up to lvl12 already, even though I'm not putting as much time in...

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

Been playing since october last year.. still loving it..
    a few of my mates have/are just level 60 now so really looking foward to
    doing the high level instances with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Fun game, lacking in real PvP but fun nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

My first mmorpg too and I'm glad I kept my virginity intact for the right game. I love Wow and it's paid for itself easily:

€45 + €45 for three months access. I've played a total of nearly 14 days or 336 hours. That works out at about 26 cent an hour for a beautiful wellcrafted game. That's also not counting my two alt characters (and orc hunter and an undead druid).

If I compare that to games that I've paid 50 quid for, they have lasted at most a couple of weeks. (Civ3 being the large exception.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Best game I ever *bought*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Grom

Really good game, loving playing with a few m8's on bladefist, level 38 undead mage, 3 days 16 hours playtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Financially speaking, if the game keeps you at home playing rather than going out socializing for one or two evenings then it's paid for itself. As for game play itself, it’s very well designed (although the software is pretty flaky and prone to crash unexpectedly, depending upon your hardware set up) and so if you get into it at the start you’ll probably stay with it for six months anyway.

Now on two points of pedantry:
    amp wrote:
    €45 + €45 for three months access.
    Closer to €45 for the game and one months access + €35 for three months access (i.e. €80 for the game + the first four months).
    That's also not counting my two alt characters (and orc hunter and an undead druid).
    You can't have an undead druid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Shanery

My First MMO also and I'm absolutely loving it. Was warned before I started that its worse than crack for its addictive quality and jesus were they right. It can drive you up the wall too though, wiping on an instance has to be right up there with losing your connection in a clan match in most stressful gaming situations :)

Veeeery similiar to Diablo2 gameplay wise IMO, its like a 3d MMO version of it. Which is a good thing 'cause I loved D2 :D Me Shammy just hit level 50 there tonight, wont be *too* long till 60

Advertisement