Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Source for cheap long S-Video cables?

Options
  • 14-07-2005 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭

Howdy,
    Anyone know anywhere in Dublin (or online with a low delivery charge, not the standard Stg£ 20-30 for a few cables) that sells 15-20m S-Video cables (and I'd likce twin/stereo RCA audio phono cable to match length).. the Sticky lists a couple of sites, one in N Ireland but couldn't find anything cheapo.. there are a few EBay UK sellers, but I'm still cagey about EBay.. anyone any hints?

.cg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

I use this place all the time

http://www.svideo.com/mogami4u.html

Cheap, quick and very helpfull

-RikD.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

spyhunter from www.enigmasoftwaregroup.com

the trial will show you the registry and file locations of viruses and adware and spyware but won't remove them , $30 for that

It will show up the registry locations if you are prepared to spend a little time removing manually though

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

sorry , this was ment for another thread

try MAPLIN in Jervis street , check the UK website and they can order anthing they don't have in stock for you

www.maplin.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

try www.cpc.co.uk

their paper cat is great, much better than anywhere in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭lifebook

Peats on parnell street have a 10m for €16,

Now thats cheap as ya will get i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Was looking for something simalr myself,did you have any luck with any of these Cgarvey?. Did not realise you could get 50/100ft s-video cables,when does the video signal start to suffer. Basically I am thinking of running an s-video from my graphics card to the tv for picture with seperate phono leads from my soundcard to the tv for sound. Would this be the cheapest/best option or is there another one

Thks Cubix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I ended up getting 2x 15m leads from radioshack in the states @ $14.99 each, and a coupler for $2. I've noticed no degradation, but it was an NTL digital box, so the picture quality is pretty poor to begin with.

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

svideo.com are the business, got another two svideo to scart adapters (ideal for laptop to tv, and work in colour unlike maplin ones) from them this week. $34 delivered for both.

Thanks CGarvey, Air I think this one should do the job

SCART with S-Video + Audio Adapter - 24 ft. (7.4m)
    PROSCART-INPUT-24ft. (7.4m) US$22.95

I had a short four pin s-video cable which I tried as a test from my pc to the tv(brought it closer to the pc) and like you it also gave out a B&W picture. Whats the difference between "s-video.com's" scart two s-video cables that they give colour and the ones we get here

Cheers Cubix

Shipping is free on everything, they allow for shipping in their product prices - which is nice ;)
    http://www.svideo.com/shippingcosts.html

• Advertisement

So i noticed,paid the extra $6 as I want to see it this side of Xmas:D . Thanks again

Cubix

No bother, btw my cables came in about 3 days, I usually find 3 to 4 days to be typical for USPS deliveries from the states (ebay or whatever).
    In fact I've never once had an airmail USPS package take over a week. Cheap & reliable, hard to argue against it!

Advertisement