Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asp file upload question

Options
  • 14-07-2005 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

i want to be able to upload files from a website to a windows 2000 server please help :(:(:(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

with ASP there are two ways to do this:-
    use a pre built component or use code that doesn't need a component.
    Depending on which you go with, check that firstly your host supports/allows file uploads and also if they do, which (if any) component do they support

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

check out this page from aspfaq - has a few options for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

i got it done with code

http://forums.devshed.com/showthread.php?t=66177&page=2&pp=15&highlight=upload%2520form

The Corinthian **** off

and the rest of the peole who replyed thank you

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Kazu wrote:
    i got it done with code

http://forums.devshed.com/showthread.php?t=66177&page=2&pp=15&highlight=upload%2520form

The Corinthian **** off

and the rest of the peole who replyed thank you
    telling the C. to **** off is unnecessary. you got the result you wanted by searching the net in the end I presume!
    Also had you searched the interweb for "asp" and "upload" you would have gotten about 2,810,000 according to google.
    Searching the net is something people often forget to do and saves loads of time! People are here to help but we shouldn't do everything for you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

telling the C. to **** off is unnecessary. you got the result you wanted by searching the net in the end I presume!

when i reply to threads i normal help with a positive comment and i dont make any Unnecessary comments on a subject which is none of my businness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Kazu wrote:
    when i reply to threads i normal help with a positive comment and i dont make any Unnecessary comments on a subject which is none of my businness
    If every Muppet who was too lazy, dumb or incompetent to do a simple search on Google were to be left to happily post on here, Usenet or on mailing lists, how much more clogged with crap would you reckon the old interweb would be? Terms such as STFW and RTFM have been in use for decades at this stage to stem exactly this problem.

Additionally the ability to research a problem and not expect someone else to spoon-feed you is central to the career development of any developer, so in fairness being told to STFW or RTFM is probably the best advice you’ll ever get. Unless, of course, you want to remain an epsilon-minus, in which case spoon-feeding is the way forward.

Unless, of course, you want to remain an epsilon-minus

a what now?!

Anyhoo, the OP has got it working, so no point in anymore e-handbags from anyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

TC had a point and could have been a lot ruder about it, at least his response provided working solutions. The OP was lazy in his research and it seems made no effort to come up with a solution of his own. Its not an obscure thing to find examples for either. Telling people to eff off in here will not help if you come back with a genuine problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

eoin_s wrote:
    a what now?!
    STFW

God, that was just asking for it!

• Advertisement

WizZard wrote:
    STFW

God, that was just asking for it!

Damn it, do I feel like an Epsilon right about now.

Advertisement