Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Picnic

• 14-07-2005 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

ok, one festival down, another to go.

whats the full line up to this, and who from boards is gonna go?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm definitely thinking of going on the Sunday to see Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. He played a storming gig in Cork recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭nevisgod

Full line up www.electricpicnic.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

is that lineup complete or are there acts still being added?

wont be going. Love to see the comedy tent tho but I'll be working in the town. Some has to :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

as far as is confirmed on electricpicnic .ie, here is the line-up]

Saturday 3rd
    Kraftwerk, Fatboy Slim,
    Flaming Lips, Doves,
    Royksopp, Arcade Fire,
    Damien Dempsey,
    Laurent Garnier, Goldfrapp,
    Stero MC's, Amp Fiddler,
    Mixmaster Mike, Asian Dub Foundation,
    Caesars, Danger Mouse,
    The Chalets, Matthew Herbert Big Band,
    Ben Watt, Gilles Peterson
    Plus Many More...

Sunday 4th
    Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Mercury Rev,
    2 Many DJs, Lemon Jelly,
    Audio Bullys, LCD Soundsystem,
    Roisin Murphy, Declan O'Rourke,
    The Human League, James Blunt,
    Toots & the Maytals, Soulwax,
    De La Soul, Mr Scruff,
    Bob Mould Band, Nouvelle Vague,
    DJ Format, DJ Sneak,
    Redneck Manifesto, JJ72
    Plus Many More...

Also Tommy Tiernan & Des Bishop in comedy tent...

strange to see JJ72 way down on the bottom on sunday, were apparantly the next big thing a few years back!!!

anyone know of rumoured or unconfirmed acts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

Thinking about going, Would love to see arcade fire & flaming lips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

yeh, would love to see the arcade fire. does anyone know if dublin bus are organising transport there and back like they did for oxegen? cause that would be dead handy, only really interested in going for the saturday tbh and at the moment i'm without car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I am interested in going on the Sunday - would love to see Nick Cave, Bob Mould and James Blunt...what is the venue like?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

LCD on the sunday-this is where it will beat, arcade fire flaming lips and NICK CAVE, this is the festival to be at, hopefuly there will be a million less skangers (yes i called ye skangers) than at c-oxegen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Had my ticket for the last couple of months. From the site they really sound like they are going to pull out all the stops to make it as good as possible. Mostly to beat MCD from what I can tell. A decent selection of drinks, Bins in the campsite, Lost Vaugness, etc. I reckon there will be an older crowd than oxegen too. Oh yeh and The Arcade Fire!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Toast wrote:
    Had my ticket for the last couple of months. From the site they really sound like they are going to pull out all the stops to make it as good as possible. Mostly to beat MCD from what I can tell. A decent selection of drinks, Bins in the campsite, Lost Vaugness, etc. I reckon there will be an older crowd than oxegen too. Oh yeh and The Arcade Fire!

thats what i'm talkin about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

I'm gonna try and get a job working for Benson's Baguettes for it- was talking to a guy in one of the chip vans in oxegen and he said he was working a 40 hour shift and on his two hour break he went to see the prodigy. legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Have literally just bought a 2 day camping ticket.

I cant believe im putting my body through another camping weekend, hopefully will have forgotten about the pain of camping from oxegen come september!! :rolleyes:

Heard it is meant to be a bit more relaxed than oxegen...found myself running from one stage to another this year trying to catch as many acts as possible.

Looking forward to it already...!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BogOak

"strange to see JJ72 way down on the bottom on sunday, were apparantly the next big thing a few years back!!!"

strange to see jj72 at all. it was fairly strange to see them the first time. terrible band. beautiful bassist. can't wait for electric dicklick. camon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

Norinoco wrote:
    Heard it is meant to be a bit more relaxed than oxegen...found myself running from one stage to another this year trying to catch as many acts as possible.

Even though it was only for 1 day last year, it was brilliant. It's much smaller than Oxegen so you don't have to be torn between 5 stages. Plus it's way more laid back. There was even butterflies hanging from the trees and hammock's to try out.

Nachos: There were buses going from Custom House Quay last year. You HAD to buy your tickets in advance from Bus Aras because they were all sold out on the day.

ARCADE FIRE, like!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Snip182

JJ Kavanagh are runnin the buses 2 it. 35 bucks return on ticketmaster pretty dam pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

cant wait to see kraftwerk. didnt know mixmaster mike was playing till now either.its will be class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Snip182 wrote:
    JJ Kavanagh are runnin the buses 2 it. 35 bucks return on ticketmaster pretty dam pricey.

That's some rip-off. I usually get the bus between dublin and carlow for €10 return!

Anyway I reckon i'll go considering I live close by and would hate to think i'm missing something! It was pretty good last year and the weather was brilliant. Would like to see Bob Mould, Doves and a few others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

wow!
    the lineup has come on in leaps and bounds since the last time i saw it...
    think i'll be booking my ticket very soon :)

very few names there that i'd actually want to avoid (if any!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

I'd love to go picnic-ing but can only afford one day, and I'd pick Saturday (Arcade Fire, Royksopp, Kraftwerk, Goldfrapp, Stereo MC'S, The Flaming Lips and all the rest!) but have to find a friend who can also afford to go... and Tommy Tiernan will be there! Anyway, does anyone know if there's many tickets left? Or how fast they're selling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Oh oh! Doves are playing now! Excellent, i'm buying my ticket this week, don't wanna get caught out like I was with oxegen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh me and a few lads are thinking of goin, would love to see the flaming lips again, whats the plan as far as the campsite goes? is it open on the friday before the concert like oxegen?

And what about drink? are you allowed to bring your own at all or do you have to buy it on site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

gaf1983 wrote:
    I'm gonna try and get a job working for Benson's Baguettes for it- was talking to a guy in one of the chip vans in oxegen and he said he was working a 40 hour shift and on his two hour break he went to see the prodigy. legend.

There are no chip vans at it. It's one big barbeque.

(thank the lord!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

Anyone know anything about the buses down to this thing?

I can see ones on the ticketmaster site but the one from dublin sat-mon is at a ridiculously early time (7am :(). Is there any other way to get there, will the regular CIE buses to portlaoise be running do ye think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

i'm pretty sure the regular bus's will be running that day, no need to assume they wouldnt.

Advertisement