Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black skirts

• 14-07-2005 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Am I the only one who thinks these look awful against bare skin in the summer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

simu wrote:

Yes, you are the only one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Morticia Adams springs to mind!

Black ain't a summer colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

black is the only colour I wear and I probably look like Morticia Addams but for me thats probably not a bad thing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

What? Black skirts are sexy!

It all depends on how it's being worn. Black against pale white bare skin, not too hot.

A bit of colour, just a little even, ten times better. The problem is that there are an awful lot of legs out there at the moment that have just come out from unde the pants, have been freshly shaved and are still bare white.

• Advertisement

Black skirts are classy though.

I don't tan unless I'm out foreign so I'm as white as a bottle of milk at the moment,but I don't care if it clashes with my clothes.

still its better than resorting to karina's (anyone remember her?!!!) m&s opaque tights

Nightwish wrote:
    I don't tan unless I'm out foreign so I'm as white as a bottle of milk at the moment,but I don't care if it clashes with my clothes.

still its better than resorting to karina's (anyone remember her?!!!) m&s opaque tights

Who is karina?

Maynooth wrote:
    Who is karina?

a troll that haunted these pages with pictures of her tights, a few weeks back

LOL ok! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

dudara wrote:
    Black against pale white bare skin, not too hot.

Bull****! That's plenty hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

Black skirts are classy & they're pretty cool to wear when ur going out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

was karina the one with the bleach on her tights?

no offence kar, but ew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dudara wrote:
    Sweet:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

dudara wrote:

Yes...
    Maynooth wrote:
    What? Black skirts are sexy!

... Yes! Yes!
    dudara wrote:
    Black against pale white bare skin

.. Yes! That was a goal![/Alan Partridge, innit]

So yeah, I'm a fan.

Damn straight Almighty Arse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

dudara wrote:
    IBlack against pale white bare skin, not too hot.

Black against white skin is damn sexy, once the skin itself is sexy. It emphasises the paleness and the creaminess of the skin and brings out its good points.

*wanders of in pale-skin induced lust*

its the look I go for...pale skin and black clothes. when i was in school my hair was black i was called wednesday addams ;)
    glad that not everyone here agrees with the OP, cos the fake orangeness that most irish people aspire to looks ridiculous-oompah loompahs come to mind there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

Nightwish wrote:
    its the look I go for...pale skin and black clothes. when i was in school my hair was black i was called wednesday addams ;)
    glad that not everyone here agrees with the OP, cos the fake orangeness that most irish people aspire to looks ridiculous-oompah loompahs come to mind there

I completly agree.....that oompah loompah look is vile

Originally Posted by dudara
    Black against pale white bare skin

I'm talking about that pale, freshly shaven, lumpy bumpy irish skin that hasn't seen sunlight in milennia. It's a different story story to skin being just pale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

At least if a women is in a black skirt and a bit pale - we can use the "Goth" excuse. And not every false tan gives the "Oompah" - "You've been Tangoed" look - some of them just make you a little less pale and are very natural looking, you just gotta be careful rubbing it in .......

And whilst we're discussing WHITE LEGS - what about men in shorts - come on guys - you can get away with a little pale because most of you have hairy legs - but there are a few legs in shorts out there that need a Government Health Warning - it's scary. The moral - if the pins are whiter than white - long shorts - preferably to your ankles!!! If you're a bit more tanned, knee length - but never and I mean never - no matter what - just never wear those old style shortie football type of shorts. Eeeek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Yay for black skirts and pale skin.

If we don't expose our white Irish legs, how the hell will we unwhiten then?!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

edibility wrote:
    Black against white skin is damn sexy, once the skin itself is sexy. It emphasises the paleness and the creaminess of the skin and brings out its good points.

*wanders of in pale-skin induced lust*

if you found any of that pale skin and have some to left over wanna throw it this way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Nightwish wrote:

Oi! I am the supreme uberlord of pallour - i avoid sunlight andfake tan like the plague and never leave the house without sunscreen! But I don't wear black skirts with bare legs - i try other colours instead. Actually, maybe the problem is more with lumpy, rough-looking pale legs than pale legs per se. I really should bring my camera with me at all times to have evidence to back these threads up!

simu wrote:
    But I don't wear black skirts with bare legs

Well maybe that's where you're going wrong then?

Well maybe that's where you're going wrong then?

[arrogant]Well, they probably would look good on me... [/arrogant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I'd hate to wear all black, though I do far too often.

I like purples and greens and blues too... they look good against pale skin. I think bright red hair against pale skin is much sexier than black hair against pale skin. The whole vampire look has been done a bit much.

simu wrote:
    Oi! I am the supreme uberlord of pallour - i avoid sunlight andfake tan like the plague and never leave the house without sunscreen! But I don't wear black skirts with bare legs - i try other colours instead. Actually, maybe the problem is more with lumpy, rough-looking pale legs than pale legs per se. I really should bring my camera with me at all times to have evidence to back these threads up!

i have no doubt as to your extreme pallour, but black clothes/pale skin is my style and since its quite warm out, i wont refrain from wearing skirts just cos my legs are white.
    anyway most of the time i wear fishnet tights so the legs are not usually that visible

Nightwish wrote:
    anyway most of the time i wear fishnet tights so the legs are not usually that visible

You might get away with it then. Fishnets rock!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭karina62

simu wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>Hey No!!! thats why i wear Black Tights....but i would'nt wear fishnets ...unless you want to look like a hooker :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I bought a little black skirt last week....I love it. It's so pretty I'm going to do a jig for my new little black skirt....

Jiggidy jig jig....

karina62 wrote:
    >>>>>>>>>Hey No!!! thats why i wear Black Tights....but i would'nt wear fishnets ...unless you want to look like a hooker :D:D

yeah like wearing m&s 60 denier tights with sandals is all the rage(!)

Nightwish wrote:
    yeah like wearing m&s 60 denier tights with sandals is all the rage(!)

Ha ha very nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

I wear black skirts but tend to wear stockings under (i'm milky white!!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

black skirts are the best...sexy as 'ell.love metal type chicks and luckily they like to wear em!...sometimes they are even layered! :)

• Advertisement

black skirts are the best...sexy as 'ell.love metal type chicks and luckily they like to wear em!...sometimes they are even layered! :)

are you referring to my lovely skirt that I wore today? ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nightwish wrote:
    are you referring to my lovely skirt that I wore today? ;)
    ;) i think its more probable that you are stalking me...getting plastic sugery to look like the girl i like then wearing the clothes i like? no? :D

ya i saw it earlier...damn black skirts catch my eye every time!

nah your too young....maybe the girl you like is mimicking me

Nightwish wrote:
    nah your too young....maybe the girl you like is mimicking me
    im too young to stalk :( anyway yes she looks like you cos you are older and well it appears you have better taste in music tho,mmm poprock :)

poprock :confused:
    elaborate

• Advertisement

pop rock its a joke....i hate the music of that girl that looks like you....poprock ;)

Okily Dokily.....too sleepy to pick up on jokes and the like

but if she dresses in that style and listens to poprock that just makes her a poser wannabe goth temple bar kid

or am i being to judgemental in my fatigue

which reminds me i have to be up at work at 5 :eek: damn replying sheesh! gnight all-ie you as you are the only one there :)

Nightwish wrote:
    Okily Dokily.....too sleepy to pick up on jokes and the like

but if she dresses in that style and listens to poprock that just makes her a poser wannabe goth temple bar kid

or am i being to judgemental in my fatigue
    ooo stealth edit!!!!

well she makes poprock..she actually likes the music i like ;p but nonetheless making it is far worse...no forgiveness ever!!!well thats a lie :P

and those temple bar kids gotta love em....i only hang out there after concerts though....seems good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

God damn it girls embrace the white, it's what you were born with, how does white clash with black? They are opposites! Real skin is better than orange fake ****e masking a body and everyone knows they have to start all over the next morning. The real appearance of a person is more attractive, and someone who is happy to only wear a bit of make up will have more self-esteem and a more attractive and confident personality than someone who spends hundreds on make up, is high-maintenance and acts all delicate. No ones putting you on a shelf to look at you are meant to be interactive and fun to be with!!!

Well said nidge!

Advertisement