Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best ever conventional tag-team match?

• 14-07-2005 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭

What are your thoughts? By conventional, what I mean is two teams, one fall, no ladders or tables, etc.

I'd go with Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin Vs Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho on the Raw after Judgement Day, 2001. This was the match where Triple H picked up his quadricep injury. Really excellent, with loads of false finishes that really had the crowd fooled. It would be damn hard to beat.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

wrestlemania 7, hart foundation v nasty boys or summerslam 88 hart foundation vs demolition

(its been a while since i've seen them so can't vouch for the quality but they are so much more memorable than recent "straight" tag matches i've seen)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

I loved Demolition!!! Those were times for tag teams, with Nasty Boys, Legion of Doom, Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, Killer Bees, Rougeaus Brothers, Stike Force, Natural Disasters, Rockers, Haku & Andre, and so many others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

I think it was on Spring Stampede 99. Some say the last great WCW pay-per-view. The match was Raven & Saturn vs. Dean Malenko & Chris Benoit. This match was a great back and forth tag match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I saw the Hart foundation against the Brainbusters on dvd a while ago from Summerslam 89 and thought it was a really briliant match. In recent years the matches with edge and rey versus benoit and angle especiallyat no mercy 2002 were spectaculiar matches. I also loved the y2j and benoit versus triple h and austin match from raw a few years back.

I really wish the tag team division was like it was when I was growing up when you would have at least 8 pure tag teams all going for the gold. I dont even think theres four recognised teams on raw at the moment. And if there are nobody cares because belts dont mean alot right now.

We need more MnM's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I saw the Hart foundation against the Brainbusters on dvd a while ago from Summerslam 89 and thought it was a really briliant match. In recent years the matches with edge and rey versus benoit and angle especiallyat no mercy 2002 were spectaculiar matches. I also loved the y2j and benoit versus triple h and austin match from raw a few years back.

I really wish the tag team division was like it was when I was growing up when you would have at least 8 pure tag teams all going for the gold. I dont even think theres four recognised teams on raw at the moment. And if there are nobody cares because belts dont mean alot right now.

We need more MnM's.
    That No Mercy match was fantastic. That whole time was great; when Heyman was the Smackdown booker and he pushed the hell out of the Smackdown Six (Edge & Rey, Angle & Benoit and Los Guerreros). Every single week for two or three months there would be at least two fantastic matches involving those guys. Happy times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Trampas

Wacker wrote:
    What are your thoughts? By conventional, what I mean is two teams, one fall, no ladders or tables, etc.

I'd go with Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin Vs Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho on the Raw after Judgement Day, 2001. This was the match where Triple H picked up his quadricep injury. Really excellent, with loads of false finishes that really had the crowd fooled. It would be damn hard to beat.

That was a classic. How triple h carried on with the match even after picking up the injury and still took the walls of jericho after it on the table.

Whatever people say about him that took some effort to do with a serious injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

has to be summerslam 88 amazin fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

One that has to get a mention is the original Edge and Christian/ Hardy Boyz Ladder match back in 99. 4 relative small players at the time to get 3 standing ovations mid card says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I did specify conventional, but that was one hell of a match alright. The crowd was totally dead going into it, and on fire by the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Agreed, I mean, who was Kenzo Suzuki the champion with a month or two ago?? I can't remember to be honest but I remember sighing when I saw it.......
    We need more Hardyz, Edge/Christians, Dudleys....proper teams, not ones thrown together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 CharismaPeep

Any match which doesn't involve the Midnight Express is not a classic. Their matches with the Rock'n'Roll express were legendary, as well as their fights against the Road Warriors. the Dudleyz aren't even in their league, so could people stop talking about them as the greatest tag team ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Worst: I think its the worst cuz you'd expect more from both these tags, Hardys Vs Edge& Christian at insurection 00 or 99, So bad knew what every move would be and it felt like it went on for 40mins, cant even remeber who one,

Best:I really liked the match between the hardys and the dudleys after the 3way ladder match at WM17{which was basically a TLC match my fav unconventional tag match} to get the no1 contenders for the tag belts, it was on Raw.

Advertisement