Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 3g

• 14-07-2005 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

When are o2 expected to launch their 3g service? What will their phone line up be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 SaltySeaDog

Christmas,no idea what the line up will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i also heard it will be by christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I work for O2. Testing is being done at the moment and the plan is to launch the service in September or October. Don't blame me if they're late though! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

More than likely October.
    Forget about 3g though... the big thing O2 are going to push is iMode through new iMode capable handsets.
    iMode is already huge in Japan, and it's O2s ace card that will kick Vodafone 3G content out of the sky.
    An Autumn launch is planned and its going to be heavily advertised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭stev2604

what is iMode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

google must be broken again. ;)

http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

ANybody read about 4g there? I'd say it's a long way off.. Broadband isn't that fast over here yet.

I heard O2 are gonna launch on the 7th of December, by a sales assistant in O2.

Advertisement