Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Address Change

Options
  • 14-07-2005 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

I have my vehicle registered under an address i moved out of about a month ago. I thought the mail was being fowarded but found out now it hasnt. I also emailed the tax office a week ago, about changing the address my vehicle is registered to but they still havnt got back to me. Im just wondering does anyone here know the process i need to go through to change the address? Also is there anyway to check (worst case scenario) that i have any tickets or summons on my old address. Im sure i dont but just in case id like some peace of mind. Thanks for your help :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Funxy wrote:
    I have my vehicle registered under an address i moved out of about a month ago. I thought the mail was being fowarded but found out now it hasnt. I also emailed the tax office a week ago, about changing the address my vehicle is registered to but they still havnt got back to me. Im just wondering does anyone here know the process i need to go through to change the address? Also is there anyway to check (worst case scenario) that i have any tickets or summons on my old address. Im sure i dont but just in case id like some peace of mind. Thanks for your help :D

To change the registered address of your car, you just use the change of address section on the Vehicle Licensing Cert. Put in your new address, mail it off the address on the cert and they will update the records and send you back the new one.

I don't know about summons etc though. Maybe a Garda station would have access to this info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Ahhh i believe i found the form

http://www.dunbrody.ie/MotorTax/downloads/RF111.pdf

I asked the garage i bought it to send me the forms needed for it i.e. the Vehicle Licensing Cert but they sent me motor tax application f or a new vehicle :confused: So should i have the cert or would they have it? Sorry i can be usless with forms etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Funxy wrote:
    Ahhh i believe i found the form

http://www.dunbrody.ie/MotorTax/downloads/RF111.pdf

I asked the garage i bought it to send me the forms needed for it i.e. the Vehicle Licensing Cert but they sent me motor tax application f or a new vehicle :confused: So should i have the cert or would they have it? Sorry i can be usless with forms etc!

You should already have the form at home - it is the one that says the car is in your name and has the details about the car (make, model, engine size etc). You would have needed it to tax the car in the last couple of years, as you send it in along with your insurance details.

This form will have a change of ownership section for use when selling the car, and also a change of address section. Complete this, and send it in to the address on the form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Ok thanks a million for your help! :D

Advertisement