Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now thats what I call traffic control....nice one esat

• 29-06-2001 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Gah....sitting here in work with nothing to do and thanks to esat being unable to control the traffic going through their servers, I'm having to weight for ages for sites on none Irish based servers to d/l.....ffs

anyone know what the story is with this?
    I was having the same problem last night on SNL....

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

hmmm I had the same prob last night with snl I could dial in and surf to esat sites but nothing else. Thank god work went with worldcom smile.gif looks kinda DNS related I could be totaly wrong though.

kayos

When you get to hell tell them I sent you,
    you'll get a group discount...

tribes.gameshop.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

strainge were on a leased line form esat and its the same story.

[This message has been edited by Gladiator (edited 29-06-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

It's MAd I tellZ Ya!!!

When I rang them today the recording said its to do with to much traffic hitting their international servers, but access to Ireland is ok rolleyes.gif

anyway it looks to be fixed now...go esat!!!

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:

Gladiator we are on a leased line as well, its is happing on all their network

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

I know what the story is, can't tell you though smile.gif.

Everything should be back to normal now.

Ro

• Advertisement

Damn you and your evil esat unix admin ways.....what did you break this time?

I Think I remember last time it had something to do with unix DNS boxs.......or something.... biggrin.gif

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Hmm, not too bad here (ESAT leased line).
    Last night at home tho was unbelievable. I dialled SNL and after 15 mins, I had sent 6K and recieved 2K.

2 lousy kilobytes in 15 minutes! Supposed to be getting that per second at least! I though it was gonna improve after all those muppets were kicked off tongue.gif

I didn't break anything, wasn't a problem with any of our servers.

The last time it wasn't a DNS issue it was a cisco issue. Cisco even gave us a bug id for it..freaky!...

I wonder will this make the papers..

Ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

if it makes the papers,
    try get you pic on it ;-P

How's things ya big loser!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Enygma:
    Hmm, not too bad here (ESAT leased line).
    Last night at home tho was unbelievable. I dialled SNL and after 15 mins, I had sent 6K and recieved 2K.

2 lousy kilobytes in 15 minutes! Supposed to be getting that per second at least! I though it was gonna improve after all those muppets were kicked off tongue.gif
    </font>

why are they muppets

• Advertisement

I think he was joking there m8....lighten up!!!

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

If i ever hear somebody say "go esat" again im going to be sick......no joking....shower of ***king BAS***** i'm sick of this ***t

Farls

sorry for going off about 4/5 pints n same in shorts at this stage!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sutty:
    I think he was joking there m8....lighten up!!!

</font>
    im hearing that alot now, some people left on esat snl are starting to think it was a good idea all the cut offs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Of course they think it was good! Alot of people talked alot of shíte about how good the service would become once people were kicked off, I doubt how much it has improved.Knowing Esat they removed some equipment as they removed users tongue.gif

For example of people who were all too keen to praise the kicking of people, I remember seeing a thread along the lines of 'Improvement in SNL since the letter', which had no basis in reality really, considering that no-one was cut off yet and those who were going to be actually went into overdrive and stayed connected for longer. /me shrugs. Us ex-No Limits customers are quite touchy you know smile.gif

Ross,

I'm grand, drop me a mail to work..since your workin in dub we must go out for pints..

Ro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,470 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Indeed, i remember one person who said that us "overusers" were spoiling it for the rest of them all, and that we were acting in an irresponsible way. I was really annoyed with this mindless drivel, i hope they are enjoying the big difference in the quality of service they are getting now that the likes of me is no longer acting "irresponsibly". Ha!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bugler:
    Of course they think it was good! Alot of people talked alot of shíte about how good the service would become once people were kicked off, I doubt how much it has improved.Knowing Esat they removed some equipment as they removed users tongue.gif

For example of people who were all too keen to praise the kicking of people, I remember seeing a thread along the lines of 'Improvement in SNL since the letter', which had no basis in reality really, considering that no-one was cut off yet and those who were going to be actually went into overdrive and stayed connected for longer. /me shrugs. Us ex-No Limits customers are quite touchy you know smile.gif
    </font>

actually i dont know were exactly they get off saying that, i allways found it worse in the day then at night, i dont really thing i was causeign abody else any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

in work we have a 256k leased line and all day friday it was crap. there 1800 phone number had a message sayin that they were experiencing large amounts of traffic.
    getting a big ol' packeting from somewhere.

hardly would have been 2500 snl users that were kicked off?
    anyone know?

Nothing to do with the sNL users, it was an out side sorce or something. You should ask Ronan.....he knows biggrin.gif

As for the others.......How did yous go so far off topic? I mean...High traffic->Kicked SNL users.....I dont see the link

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

they may have been getting ddos'ed

• Advertisement
Advertisement