Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nolimits Software

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

you'd be in luck finding the system that esat use anyway. afaik their entire operation (not just no limits) is based around caller id. the 13321 prefix gets u onto their network and if their systems doesnt recognise the number ure dialling from you just get an engaged tone. (But hey, you probably knew that). Best option is probably to write a program that does it ureself or find a caller id program and modify the code. Finding something that would surely be a miracle

Maybe if u rang esat and asked them really nicely you'd get a free copy of it??

I'd like to find it myself for wan security and such.. so if I ever find something along those lines I'll let u know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

You'd be some guy if you could beat caller id I think. Surely its based in software at the local exchange where the copper line joins from your house joins in, and up to there is hardware signals. Ie, nothing you make software wise can make a difference - if its in anyway secure it won't trust details coming directly from the house but instead eircom/esat only trust the local exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tomo:
    So no body has a link for the software ?</font>
    If you are a nolimits customer, there is no special software installed on your PC. The 'IOL' dialler is simply a front end to the Windows dial-up networking. If you have a nolimits account, it is very easy to set this up yourself without using the nolimits CD.

CLI is a function of the exchange not software running on the PC. All you can do is switch it on and off at your phone/modem.

What you are looking for is a way to crack the exchange. You might find something on the hacker sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

Sorry. Your question included the statement:

"...I want to look at a few things that make it ident different phone numbers for free access."

This made me think that you wanted to see how you could fake a caller ID (not that you wanted to do it).

Could you provide a link to the code please?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Now I wonder why you are interested in that Tomo...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Why would any1 bother themselves trying to find it, its a simple dialer proggy.
    jesus heres the numer it dials 1332103001235, theres no doubt you wanna crack no limits and you have a snowballs chance in hell m8.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I don't want to rain on yer parade or doubt you're l33t skills, but i'll bet £50 that it hasn't or cannot be done.

pee.gif

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭moist

Did you actually find anything ?
    I would have thought that it was all server side, the site uses your IP to get your phone number from the ANNEX logs.

What does that software do as a matter of interest ?
    That link you posted seemed to indicate that it was needed to use SNL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

no client side software is needed at all to run nolimits. It's completly cli based and functions as a normal connectoid within dial up networking.

The software they have on their site and on the iol cd's is just a branding/marketing thing essentially.

Advertisement