Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robbie Williams to play Croke Park

• 14-07-2005 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

2 gigs next June apparently. Sounds good!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

No, no it doesn't and no he doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

qz wrote:
    No, no it doesn't and no he doesn't.

See him at Live 8? He was the highlight. You can't deny the main is an entertainer and puts on amazing concerts. That's going to sell out in a second. Well done to Croke Park yet again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Brendan Grace is an entertainer, doesn't mean I want to hear him sing ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I heard it was going to be George Murphy and for 3 nights....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

george murphy??damn i thought it was george michael

*tears up ticket*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 cougar

Maybee it's just me but I'm not too sure i want to see Croke park become a major venue for live music in the summer.

I went to U2 recently an had a great time but the sound is dodgy. Unless you were on the pitch, which luckely I was, the sound was a bit echoey. Plus you have to remember it's a sport stadium an these stages could damage the pitch

As for Robbie Williams I think we could do with out that fat arse for another year or two.

cougar wrote:
    Maybee it's just me but I'm not too sure i want to see Croke park become a major venue for live music in the summer.

I went to U2 recently an had a great time but the sound is dodgy. Unless you were on the pitch, which luckely I was, the sound was a bit echoey. Plus you have to remember it's a sport stadium an these stages could damage the pitch

As for Robbie Williams I think we could do with out that fat arse for another year or two.

Yes, all he is is a fat arse....and that's why these gigs will sell out in record time! :rolleyes:

Suppose so, just can't seeing myself bein front of the queue. At least Robbie Williams puts on a show, more than i can say about most artists I've seen recently.

cougar wrote:
    Suppose so, just can't seeing myself bein front of the queue. At least Robbie Williams puts on a show, more than i can say about most artists I've seen recently.

Well thanks for saying something positive even though you don't like him, I think you're the first.

No cant say that I really like him but the girlfriend dragged me to the gig in the pheonix park a couple of years ago an I must say he can entertain a crowd. Still I suppose thats why people will go see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

cougar wrote:

i agree, sound was pretty ****ty at u2, unless u were in the pit

Maybe the sound was bad because U2 are getting old and aren't as good anymore?? ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Just wondering if anyone with experience of the Fields of Rock concert in Holland would know when the tickets are likely to go on sale for next year, as ill be going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Just wondering if anyone with experience of the Fields of Rock concert in Holland would know when the tickets are likely to go on sale for next year, as ill be going!

What's that got to do with Robbie Williams? Not having a go but why not start a thread yourself about Fields of Rock instead of putting it in a Robbie Williams thread? Might get more feedback that way.

Anyway, back on topic.....YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

cougar wrote:

Stage is mainly on the Hill and there is the terra plast stuff covering the pitch (as for U2 and the Special Olympics). Then again once the GAA see a bit of loot coming there way they'll go for it irrespective of any damage. Afterall, they turned the once bastion of alcohol free family entertainment into a giant superpub.

I did get a giggle recently where the GAA suggested that they were in negotiation with Robbie and his manager about next year. What a hoot!

BrianD wrote:

I did get a giggle recently where the GAA suggested that they were in negotiation with Robbie and his manager about next year. What a hoot!

How do you mean??

I haven't heard anything since....I hope it actually is true! :(

Advertisement