Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

ntdll.dll problem

• 14-07-2005 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hay Hope someone can help me,

Once again back here to ask the people who know.

Reinstalled XP Pro Sp1 about 2 weeks ago on a computer.. Had sorted out the annoying little things that have to be done to make the computer work the way my friend wanted.

Today went and after finally finishing it off for him decided to do a Windows Update... 28Updates, dont know which ones. One failed but the rest D/loaded and installed properly, Restarted the machine and now it wont start.

Tried to do a Safe Mode start and it is freezing on system32/ntdll.dll

Cant even get into Safe mode to Sys Restore..

If I take his drive out and put it in mine, copy ntdll.dll between drives will this work, or it usual to fail on the driver that is next inline... ie ntdll.dll has loaded but the next one is causing the problems.

Or should I just install XP Pro over the current version.

Also does anyone know which of the updates caused the problem or is it caused by something else.

Any suggestions would be grateful..

Cannon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

boot from the xp cd and repair the system...

when you get into windows again install windows xp service pack two...

simple enough...

if ye need a walkthrough give me a shout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 cannonfodder

Thanks Matt.

Was able to boot into Safe Mode after booting from the XP disk but could not log in normally.

Uninstalled the Updates, logged in normally and then uninstalled the Updates again...

Thanks again

Advertisement