Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Network Play

• 14-07-2005 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭

Let me get this straight. I just bought Socom2:US Navy Seals and got a headset with it. In order to play this game (and others) online I would need the following:

Official Sony PS2 Network Adaptor
    An Ethernet Cable to connect from the PS2 to the modem.

Is that all? I know you can get a wirless connection but that's around €100, and I don't fancy paying that much for it! Do you need a subscription to anything? Does anyone have any thoughts or experience witht his kind of thing?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

just the Sony network adapter (u get Cat5 cable in the pack and thats it!), No subs all sonys online games are free, Except FF11 (which was never launched in Europe (US and Japan only)(=plus u need the HD-wasnt lanuched either)

Takes about 5-10mins to set up but if yur router has a Cat5 slot then it should be easy.

Socom2 is a gr8 game Best thing online ps2 so far

Btw is u have the new slim ps2 u only need some cable as the network adapter is built in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Cheers Corben Dallas! It's an old PS2 so I'm still gonna have to pick up the Network Adaptor :( . Meh, not to worry.

Advertisement