Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club Fizz

Options
  • 14-07-2005 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

Admit it, it's not that bad. I think people just think it's cool to slate the place. I actually think it's a good club apart from the entrance fee (though it's free before 10!) and the price of drinks in there.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

so what exactly do you find good, if the enterance fee and the price of booze are cock. it's hardly the clientele???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

It looks good, music is good, good enough crowd (for the summer anyway, won't be venturing near the place once college starts again)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I like it but no one ever wants to go there with me! I'll have to wait until September when my fellow loser Glenroyal fans come back to college. I actually prefer it during the summer too though, much older crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Well i'm almost always there ( I'M EMBARASSED TO SAY)
    you see, i stay in brady's til closing on a sat ( the drink takes over & i want more) so i head to the glen around 1.30 for the 30 mins or so of more drink, sad really......

ixus wrote:
    Well i'm almost always there ( I'M EMBARASSED TO SAY)
    you see, i stay in brady's til closing on a sat ( the drink takes over & i want more) so i head to the glen around 1.30 for the 30 mins or so of more drink, sad really......

You pay a tenner for that 30 minutes? Are you mad? Why don't you go in before 10 to get the stamp and go away again?

• Advertisement

Gonna be in The Roost tomorrow night if you're around Ixus by the way, some Intel co-op thing on :D

i think you anwered your 3rd question with your 2nd one :p

Hows the gym/summer/work/excetera working out?

Was getting a lift home from training last week and spotted you walkin down parsons street, was going to give a beep but thought better of a stranger beeping at a blondie walkin down the street!

wrecked my knee in a match fri night so can't train at the moment.
    the roost seems like just the drink...i mean trick

ixus wrote:
    i think you anwered your 3rd question with your 2nd one :p

Hows the gym/summer/work/excetera working out?

Was getting a lift home from training last week and spotted you walkin down parsons street, was going to give a beep but thought better of a stranger beeping at a blondie walkin down the street!

Ah you should have beeped! Then again lots of freaks beep at me so I'd probably just have given you a dirty look....

Gym is going great, off there now again in a second, never miss a day. Work is boring, testing blood most of the time, don't get to play with the animals anymore :( And excetera is going fantabulous!

And yourself? By the way does that mean that you get the stamp before 10? I'm confuzzled! :confused:

And The Roost...yessssss......you should come in. I need someone new to annoy! :D

Oh and sorry to hear about your knee :(

i don't get stamped 'cos i'm too lazy for the walk from roost/GAA/wherever. but i do lick my hand and try and get ink to rub off from others, sometimes works :D or get a marker if theres one behind bar

works alright, a bit boring, well a lot boring, but i'm gettin paid so i don't mind for a little while. may find something new in a couple of months.

head'in off now , if i'm down the roost (and there's a good chance i will be ) i'll txt or come up to you with a cheesey chat up line hehe,

that way everyone who comes up to you, you'll think it's me

• Advertisement

or just keep your eye out for the gimp on 1 leg

Later

Ha ha....okay cool, hopefully see you tomorrow so :)

Text me first though or I'll probably tell you to feck off...only joking! Hope your knee gets better soon and maybe see you there tomorrow. Be good ;)

Nice to meet ya Thursday Ixus....though this Clare Bear was very, very drunk. Such a funny night. Myself and my housemate surrounded by loads of men, can't complain! :D

How's your knee now pet? Sorry for taking your crutches....they're a great weapon for hitting people on the arse with, I couldn't help myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Diggins

hfjyxf

beep beep!
    no reaction when i beeped the other day, or at least a delayed one..

she's much quieter in person than you would think people!
    or maybe it was the alcohol.

knees not the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

ClareBear wrote:
    Gonna be in The Roost tomorrow night if you're around Ixus by the way, some Intel co-op thing on :D

If only i checked this forum before now. I didnt realise you would have been coming to it clarebear. I would have introduced you to all the cork people (there are hundreds of us)

solice wrote:
    If only i checked this forum before now. I didnt realise you would have been coming to it clarebear. I would have introduced you to all the cork people (there are hundreds of us)

Nooooooooooo!!

Do you live in Maynooth Solice? I thought it'd be packed full of Intel people but it wasn't any busier than usual.

ixus wrote:
    beep beep!
    no reaction when i beeped the other day, or at least a delayed one..

she's much quieter in person than you would think people!
    or maybe it was the alcohol.

knees not the best

Ah so it was you! We weren't sure. I'll know better next time.

Blame my quietness on the drink...was I really that quiet? People had to tell me to shut up that night.....though you were quiet too Ixus!

What's the verdict with your knee? Did you go to the doctor etc? I sprained my ankle at the weekend so you're not the only one on crutches ;)

Yeah but only for a few more weeks. There werent that many co-ops out that night, the ones that were were all upstairs around the bar and dancing (making arses of ourselves).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Sprained your ankle??? was it that serious?

• Advertisement

solice wrote:
    Yeah but only for a few more weeks. There werent that many co-ops out that night, the ones that were were all upstairs around the bar and dancing (making arses of ourselves).

Ah yeah I was talking to a few of ye alright. Lightweights ;)

Lordgoat, yes sprained!! All your fault too for making me walk allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way up there!!! (Is your address Celbridge??)

ClareBear wrote:
    Ah yeah I was talking to a few of ye alright. Lightweights ;)

Tell me about it

solice wrote:
    Tell me about it

What's a co-op anyway?

ClareBear wrote:
    Ah so it was you! We weren't sure. I'll know better next time.

Whadda ya mean you weren't sure?
    A good looking bloke on the internet :cool:
    ClareBear wrote:
    What's the verdict with your knee? Did you go to the doctor etc? I sprained my ankle at the weekend so you're not the only one on crutches ;)

Got an MRI yesterday
    Won't know fully for another 2 weeks, doctors on holidays.

And what did you dod to yourself?

How did you manage that Ixus? Rugby?

the game with the stick

Poor guy. Get well soon.

Are you a local lass/lad?
    I probably should have picked this up by now :o

ixus wrote:
    Are you a local lass/lad?
    I probably should have picked this up by now :o

Local lass yes. How did you guess!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

club fizz/the glenroyal is the business!

where else are you going to go for a dance? the ozone?????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Advertisement