Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a chorus phone bill example

• 03-07-2001 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭

just wanted to say for anyone who might happen by...thier phone service is top notch for normal phone line usage. (ie not using the internet)

just happened to have my latest bill in front of me:

82 calls under 50p = 2:37:34 duration = 3.76£
    1 call to the states 8:55 duration = .88£ (10 pence a minute to the states!)
    1 call to mobile 6:58 duration = .86£ (mobile is more expensive then stateside!)

Total cost of all calls including vat last month = 6.61

no line rental to eircom...when was the last time u had a phoe bill for 6.61? anyone? 1971?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

arr, 1964 twas. and a fine year at that. me matter and patter had left to sail the seas and I was left with aunt guinivere at her lakeside mansion. well I wound up the mighty telephonic contraption and spoke into the noise catcher. not a great signal mind you due to the phone lines being constructed of a fine wool. A dikity minute convoysation with my old concubine on the far end of the island cost me only tuppence haypenny and a smithing of goats milk.. by gar there were no eircom in them days... aaaarrrrrr

<resuming sanity in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by yankinlk:
    no line rental to eircom...when was the last time u had a phoe bill for 6.61? anyone? 1971? </font>

Never, only got a (mobile) phone last year. But yes you have a point.

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭yankinlk

yeh, thats the rason i went to use chorus in the first place...just to avoid paying eircon any line rental....but the bonus is the calls are cheap anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

And do these Chorus byos do Galway too?
    I might threaten Eircom with Chorus' prices if they don't fix my DACS thingy pronto loike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Is chorus widely available or only in some areas?

If the bottom falls out of your world, drink Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    games?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

its abite of a disgrace when line rental is 400% more then the call charges,

Advertisement