Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Civic Tyre Wear

Options
  • 14-07-2005 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The back right tyer on my civic is wearing noticably on the outside but no wear on the inside. Any ideas why this would occur.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Tracking/balancing me thinks but see what the others say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Most probably as said above tracking. Hopefully your rear axil ain't fixed like renault laguna's. My father's rear axil in his Laguna is fixed. It is 3MM out of placed and that has made him loose a tyre already. It cannot be fixed or tracked by renault, All they can do is replace the rear axil which is gonna set him back Alot of $$$$$.

They main cause of this is a Big ass pot hole you hit that has damaged the rear axil. Or if you have been recently in a car accident. Better hope your rear axil ain't fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

foxirl wrote:
    Hi,

The back right tyer on my civic is wearing noticably on the outside but no wear on the inside. Any ideas why this would occur.

Thanks

Get the tracking checked and wheels balanced first. When this is done it might be worth swapping the tyre for the spare or a new tyre to see if the uneven wear continues. If so it could be a possible sign of previous accident damage to the back axel or chassis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

An out of balance contitioin would normally leave patches of worn/unworn thread. A continuous side wear would result from an out of alignment condition, either from a crash, repairs where an alignment was required afterwards, but not completed. Wear in ball joints and retaining bushing and/or poor assembly from the factory. and at worst a loose/worn hub bearing.

Advertisement