Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Funny thing i seen with boy racers just a few mins ago

Options
  • 14-07-2005 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

i was in the galway shoping centre and there was two boy racers doing their usual showing of tricks and collided with one another two 05 involved and both supped up to the last. one of the cars is write off

:D:D:D:D:D :cool: :cool: :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Gareth2303

Haah...serves them right !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

As much as I dislike the boy racers I hate to hear about this or see anyones car written off, more claims mean higher insurance for all of us....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Nuttzz wrote:
    As much as I dislike the boy racers I hate to hear about this or see anyones car written off, more claims mean higher insurance for all of us....

not when been caught by the guards, guards told them both was at fault and would be in touch with insurance companies

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mikegannon wrote:
    i was in the galway shoping centre and there was two boy racers doing their usual showing of tricks and collided with one another two 05 involved and both supped up to the last. one of the cars is write off

:D:D:D:D:D :cool: :cool: :p

Obviously they have more money than brains, muppets!

That is why these guys spend their weekends driving around the town, they are paying so much for their cars, insurance, etc they cannot afford to go out to the pub.

maybe it'l be a lesson to some of them, but it the same chance as me winnin the euro lotto :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

By showing off i take it you mean handbrake turns/donuts and the likes, not to mention speeding?

If this is the case in a public car park on a weekday evening I have no sympathy for them, whilst I love that carry on, I love it on a closed area thats away from the public.

féckin edgets.

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

mikegannon wrote:
    not when been caught by the guards, guards told them both was at fault and would be in touch with insurance companies
    IF it's on private grounds then can the Gardai do anything about it?
    I'm very surprised to hear that the Gardai said they would contact the insurance companies - surely that's a civil matter - outside the jurisdiction of the Gardai.

I'm not defending what the boys did - tbh I'd like to see them both prosecuted for wreckless/dangerous/careless driving.

causal

yep you got it one, and the way the guards were talkin that both parties were at fawlt and the insurance would'nt have to cover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Saw a guy driving a sh*tty souped up corsa the other day with a big sticker across the top of his windscreen saying:

"Dead Man Driving"

The mentality behind something like that...frightening.

like maybe if they have to pay the damage on both their cars is better then a prosacution, if the were prosacuted what fine would they get a few euro, by this way its thousands of euro, and a lesson learned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

If their fully comp their covered.

mikegannon wrote:
    like maybe if they have to pay the damage on both their cars is better then a prosacution, if the were prosacuted what fine would they get a few euro, by this way its thousands of euro, and a lesson learned.
    True, but I was thinking in terms of penalty points - the chances of getting a ban are 0.0 - but a ban is a lesson they would remember (unless they drive uninsured/unlicenced/untaxed)

causal

but they were breakin the law, the noise that was commin from their tricks was loud skidin noise, and remember were supposed to keep quiet after a certain hr

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Enygma wrote:
    Saw a guy driving a sh*tty souped up corsa the other day with a big sticker across the top of his windscreen saying:

"Dead Man Driving"

The mentality behind something like that...frightening.
    on this note, i passed a bike on Dublin's south quays the other day. The rider was in his early 20s and wearing a flimsy t-shirt (understandable on a hot day like that but not on a bike!).
    Anyway he was riding a Yamaha DT 125 and on the bottom of the reg plate was written
    "Death Trap 125"
    tempting fate?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

What type of cars were they? Any what exactly were they doing?

I hate the carry on that goes on out there at night. I drive a nice (shiny, not boy racer) car, and anytime I pull up to the drive-through at that car park all I get are engines revving :rolleyes:

In fairness I get a good laugh out of it though... eejits revving their 1.1 corsa's thinking theyre driving a beast cause they removed the cat to give a deeper exhaust note

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

The middle carpark in liffy vallley is a big time spot for the boy racers. in fairness though i think there are genuinely two different groups. The boy racer who ive no sympathy for and if they crash good riddance and the enthusiast. The enthusiasts are harmless and pretty much just want to do up their car and look after it.

The bad thing for them though is they get painted with the same brush as the air head boy racers...

p.s. funniest car yet, seen a white micra in tallaght with blue dodge viper style stripes up it, vent in the bonnet, massive spoiler and the best part, a roof scoup!!! Come on, on a 1 lt micra please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Bill Finnerty

causal wrote:
    IF it's on private grounds then can the Gardai do anything about it?
    I'm very surprised to hear that the Gardai said they would contact the insurance companies - surely that's a civil matter - outside the jurisdiction of the Gardai.

I'm not defending what the boys did - tbh I'd like to see them both prosecuted for wreckless/dangerous/careless driving.

causal
    The car park may well be private property but it is a 'public place' as defined in the Road Traffic Act, therefore Gardai have full powers in there. I'm delighted that they will tell the insurance companies on these scummers.

Always report these scummers on 999 - too late when they crash into an innocent family and kill a few kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

iregk wrote:
    funniest car yet, seen a white micra in tallaght with blue dodge viper style stripes up it, vent in the bonnet, massive spoiler and the best part, a roof scoup!!! Come on, on a 1 lt micra please...

I seen an old Renault Scenic once tarted up to the hilt with your typical boyracer driving it (baseball hat and all). 17" alloys, big exaust, tinted side windows and lowered springs. Had to laugh at that.

It's a pitty he didn't spend his euros on contraceptives and a trip to the family planning clinic rather than tarting up his mpv and doing donuts in it.

JohnCleary wrote:
    What type of cars were they? Any what exactly were they doing?

I hate the carry on that goes on out there at night. I drive a nice (shiny, not boy racer) car, and anytime I pull up to the drive-through at that car park all I get are engines revving :rolleyes:

In fairness I get a good laugh out of it though... eejits revving their 1.1 corsa's thinking theyre driving a beast cause they removed the cat to give a deeper exhaust note

I think they were Fiats if i'm not mistakin

The car park may well be private property but it is a 'public place' as defined in the Road Traffic Act, therefore Gardai have full powers in there. I'm delighted that they will tell the insurance companies on these scummers.
    Excellent! Thanks for the headsup on the distinction between 'private property' and 'public place' - that's very useful to know :)
    Always report these scummers on 999 - too late when they crash into an innocent family and kill a few kids.
    tbh it's best to phone the local Garda station for that. 999 should be only used for a real emergency i.e. someone is dying, or your wife is just about to give birth at home ;)

causal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

they deserve that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Oh Boy!

One thing that really annoys these boyracers is this: Stand with a group of your friends in a carpark, point at the poxy, bespoilered little box of a(Starlet/Corolla van/12yr old Civic/Corsa/Fiesta/1.3 Lancer, delete as applicable!) and laugh!! A few of us tried it one night while outside the cinema in Cavan town, wondering what pub to go to. You could almost hear their egos dropping, and their 13yr old girl passengers wishing they had stuck to going to the teeny bop disco, instead of spending another Friday night in a carpark with a driver whose chin covered in bumfluff!!!!

In case you hadn't noticed, i hate most modified cars!!! Especially those little 10.L sheep in wolves clothing trying to overtake you by driving up your exhaust, then passing in a shower of rubber and sparks from from somewhere under their car, usually about 20 feet from the next corner!! Oh, there are days i wish i had James Bonds Aston!!!

Having said all that, cars that are tastefuly modified to increase their driveability or performance, not just for show, are fine! there's nothing like watching a well driven Impreza or Evo being given some wellie by its well trained owner!! In a safe area, of course....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Yeah i used to be kind of like that. Couldn't see the reason in anyone doing up a 1lt micra or something. Now I just think well they aren't harming anyone and its better than shooting it into their veins to let them.

Personally the modified enthusiast i do have time for. They have a genuine interest in cars and doing them up, when they do them up they look after them and treath them very well. Thats their hobby and good luck to them.

The little f**kers though that put air vents onto corsa's and that and race them around as if by adding a few body panels they have turned this baby kitten into a fully grown rally savaging beast of a machine. Honestly lads grow up. You can see the difference though. The boy racer takes a crap car does it up to an extent and it looks so amazingly tacky and they drive it into the ground. The other takes a similar car and in fairness some do really really amazing jobs wiht their mods.

I've no problem with them as long as they keep it classy and looking good.

Advertisement