Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

oceanfree compression?

• 06-07-2001 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭

i am connected to oceanfree 56k in cork now does it support compression as when i clik on the flashing green cpu's in bottem corner and click on details it shows nothing about compression?????

routine? expectations? competition? happiness? commitment? infatuation? virginity?
    respect? marriage? adultery? money? carnal knowledge? love?...
    ... blah, blah, blah

p.s i want dsl

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

If the speed shown when you click there is better then 33.6 then it is probably supporting compression(unless you're phone line is noisy or the modem drivers suck-major cause of poor connect speed in my experience with lucent chipset based modems..get the latest drivers)).
    To double check...

In win9x..right click internet explorer/connections/settings/properties/server types..is "Enable software compression" ticked?

In win2k..right click internet explorer/connections/settings/properties/configure...is "enable modem compression" ticked?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

How do you determinewhat STAc compression ratio you're getting?

Advertisement