Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing a connection

Options
  • 15-07-2005 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone would know how the game would cope with this. I have two computers sharing the same broadband modem(1024/128kb) and was going to try running the game twice on the two different machines with a friend so we'd both be playing together. I don't want to go straight ahead and test it though because I'd be using the free trial account for the second PC which only lasts a few days and don't want to waste it if I discover it doesn't work. So has anyone tried it before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Coyler

I think a few lads in the guild are doing that right now. As long as you have seperate accounts you should be fine. As far as concerns with bandwidth go you should have plenty. I'm in a house with a few lads and unless they fire up something that hogs the whole pipe, we can all play or browse just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Ditto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I regularly share my connection over a similar bandwidth with another player without issue. This client is very thick compared to the data passed so I suspect you could probably even share a 56k connection and it would still be playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

steviec wrote:
    So has anyone tried it before?

You wont have any problems mate.. have done it loads of times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Ok thats good news.

One more question. If he decides to sign up after the trial can he keep using that install from my WoW CD or does he need a new copy of the game aswell as paying the monthly fees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

He can use your cds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Grand thanks :)

Advertisement