Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helpdesk not answered?

Options
  • 15-07-2005 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, this seems the best forum for this question so here goes ..

I've submitted a few helpdesk tickets recently and haven't got any responses? Am I doing something wrong? How long does it normally take?

As for replys, do I get email notifications when an admin replies or do I need to keep checking?

Is there a way to reopen a ticket that's been marked as resolved?

Cheers
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I see two tickets which you set up and had answers to

other than that, I don't see any other tickets set up by you

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you submit it to the admin queue, it may take a little longer to get an answer. You're better off submitting all tickets to the S Mods queue, then we can escalate if we haven't got the power/knowledge to sort it.

I'm not sure if you get notified of replies, but you definitely get a PM when the ticket is closed (though you won't get the mail notifying you of the new PM).

You can reopen a ticket that's resolved by opening the ticket and going to "Ticket Tools" -> Unresolve ticket.

I usually scan the resolved tickets list now and again to see if there are new replies anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I've unresolved the ticket in question ciaranfo. As for the other ticket you have, it has been resolved and you have seen that. Is there a third ticket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I also have a ticket open a while, since the 29th June.

Must be in the admin queue, I can't see it in ours. Is it something only an admin can do, like a name change?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Actually, a quick question about the helpdesk; if we come across a spammer/new troll account, should we take out a ticket in the Smod que rather than post in feedback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I did post one to the admin queue .. that explains that one. As for the other two, cheers for sorting the (un)resolve.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Shabadu wrote:
    Actually, a quick question about the helpdesk; if we come across a spammer/new troll account, should we take out a ticket in the Smod que rather than post in feedback?
    yes do we do either of them or hit report post a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Shabadu wrote:
    I guess it depends on the severity of the issue.

If the spammer is a long regged poster spamming on a specific forum then it may be best to report the post. If the spammer hasn't spammed much but has set up an account purely for spam then it may be best to not clutter the feedback forum and post a helpdesk ticket. But that's really not a big deal imo.

Only Smods and Admin can view Helpdesk tickets (although we can create extra departments if needed, with specific users given access to the dept) so it is beneficial to post on Feedback as Catmods can also view the thread and act accordingly on the category.

Narking out new posters that you think are previously banned trolls would be better off on the Helpdesk for full stealth capabilities.

seamus wrote:
    Must be in the admin queue, I can't see it in ours. Is it something only an admin can do, like a name change?
    There are actually two I have unanswered.

The first one is about the Journal Log In problem which just seems to be being ignored by everyone. I have a post in the thread in the Subscribers forum that nobody seems to be replying to, so I sent a helpdesk ticket about it, again no answer or reply.

The second I only opened on Friday about getting a friend of mine his password for his account. (He signed up a month ago with the intention of asking for access to the Soccer Forum and has only one post, he forgot his password and requested it via the forgotten password procedure, but nothing was emailed to him.).

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:
    The first one is about the Journal Log In problem which just seems to be being ignored by everyone. I have a post in the thread in the Subscribers forum that nobody seems to be replying to, so I sent a helpdesk ticket about it, again no answer or reply.
    Must be in the admin queue I can't see it. If you want, I can take a look, though I can't guarantee I can help. Edit the ticket and change the queue to Super Moderators.
    The second I only opened on Friday about getting a friend of mine his password for his account. (He signed up a month ago with the intention of asking for access to the Soccer Forum and has only one post, he forgot his password and requested it via the forgotten password procedure, but nothing was emailed to him.).
    I replied to that on Friday. I haven't closed it, as it's an ongoing problem with email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

yeah i asked a question and got a quick answer but didn't realise until about 2 days later!

Cheers Seamus.

I had to recreate the first ticket, as I couldn't figure out how to edit it, n00b that I am.

Any chance of PM-ing me the password for the other account?

seansouth wrote:
    Any chance of PM-ing me the password for the other account?
    Nope. Can't access that info (no-one can). The admins may be able to reset the password for it, but I'm not sure how mad they'd be about emailing it to you (or even to the address listed in the account). Hopefully if they get this email problem sorted, there'll be no need for it.

Advertisement