Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a Java based OnLine shop

• 15-07-2005 7:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Anybody know of any open-source (free) online shop package, that is configurable, prefrerrably using MySql. A pointer to a site using the package would be usefull also.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Serbian

I did a quick search in Google and the only one that I could find that uses JSP and MySQL was the following:

http://jspcart.neurospeech.com/

It looks awful to be honest, but with a lot of work you might be able to make it look respectable. Does it have to be JSP? There are a load of PHP shopping carts out there that are Open Source and decent (e.g. OSCommerce).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

JSP/EJB based carts are just terrible unless you are seriously in the know with Java etc. Even then I have seen java confident people abandon Java and move to PHP based solutions.

With the diversity of PHP carts, their support and the general useful information available with PHP, you are better avoiding Java.

Sorry :P

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭BlueSpud

damalo wrote:
    you are better avoiding Java.

Java/JSPs is an environment I am comfortable in & feel I have too much on my plate to delve into PHP at the moment. So if anyone knows of one (preferrably a decent one), plsease let me know.

Advertisement