Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multilink

• 08-07-2001 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,470 ✭✭✭✭

Considering using it for a dialup setting.ie standard analog modem , not ISDN. My analog connection is always excellant(never connect lower than 53.2 in win2k to oceanfree,ntl or utvinternet (live in Dub city centre, and latest drivers for my Lucent modem)so for me ISDN seems like a waste of money.
    What ISP's support it?
    Second question, is it possible to use two isps for multilink? In win2k there does appear to be the option to set multiple phonenumbers for connections. Ie one connection to my ntl weekend SNL type deal and another to utvinternet, or is this all handeled at the isp end, rather than the os sending info requests to either-or at the same time (like a raid card , the os never even knows its sending info to two drives at once..for example) As you can gather i've no idea, all suggestions and wisdoms welcomed. Thanks.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Tried it with Buy&Sell works fine 90,666bps. wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 x0n

PPP LCP multilink, or "channel bonding" as it's also known -- will not work with two separate ISPs in it's present incarnation in the RFC (rfc1990 august 1996) , AFAIK. And yes, the server you're connecting to needs to know about it before it'll work. Eircon supports it with a 1891 number and Oceanfree does too on their 01 number, but it only seems to work for a few minutes [with Oceanfree] before it starts trying to route packets through it's own **** or something. IOL support ISDN, but multlink doesn't seem to work with a standard dial-up, mo'money is prolly needed.

Advertisement