Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to August 17th

Options
  • 15-07-2005 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

OK I haven't been in this forum in a while and it's practically deserted now...where's everyone gone?? Off having a life and enjoying summer I suppose...
    Anyway was just wondering if anyone is starting to get nervous about the results? Not long away now, isn't it going so fast?
    I'm actually more excited than nervous about them, just can't wait to have it all finished once and for all. But is anyone actually getting stressed about them? Any panic attacks etc? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

no, now go and enjoy your summer.......go on go....thread locked...hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

yes, dear lord...it will come around soon enough....we don't need to be reminded...go on now....scoot outta here...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Funny that you posted this. I had a dream about the result last night. Twas pretty weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

good god the dreams,i remember waiting for the results last year and the dreams will soon start to kick in like a mofo

harsh that ill have to put up with them again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

the nightmares have begun... :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

3 weeks today...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

not much you can do about them.So jst enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Is it only girls who are getting nightmares about the results? I haven't had a dream about the Leaving Cert all year but I know some girls who wake up in cold sweats on a regular basis and one girl who still dreams of it even though it was about 5 years ago for her.
    Neurotic chicks!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

Hhmmm ok, i wouldn't go that far. I think those people might need some help...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

My dad was pressurised alot by his parents during his exams. Now(40 years on) every year around June he still has dreams/nightmares about exams. Unsurprisingly I was not pressurised :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

This whole summer, the leaving has been the last thing on my mind. I Never think about or thought about, results this summer. Repeats are an absolute NO. Confident of getting 2 and 3 choices but i'm pessimistic about 1st choice. Being honest i haven't a clue if i got my course or not but either way it'll be really close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

I keep having result dreams...

Last night, for instance: '60% in chemistry??! NOOOOOOOOOO!! *darth vader pose*'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

16 days gulp....

o and D-generate i may be just a teensy-weensy-eeeensy bit neurotic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

15 days to go. I'm not really nervous, I tend not to get nervous but even though I only need 300 points for my course I can't help worrying that I may not have got that much (and that I probably have failed maths).

Some of my friends were saying that they heard on that Beat talk radio programme that this year's failure rate for Maths was the highest EVER. Not just in the last few years,now, but EVER. Of ALL TIME. After a bit of a panic I am now convinced that this cannot be true...aren't all the papers corrected about 10 times? So no-one might know the results yet... Also, even if they did know, surely they can't release this knid of stuff until AFTER we get our results?
    Did anyone else hear this?
    Imagine though...it would be very typical. Remember how unusual the papers were?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

now im worried :(

like that just hit me in the chest and my face went white........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

*marie* wrote:
    heard on that Beat talk radio programme that this year's failure rate for Maths was the highest EVER.

Lol, of course it'd happen our year, tbh I doubt it's true.

2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

*marie* wrote:
    Some of my friends were saying that they heard on that Beat talk radio programme that this year's failure rate for Maths was the highest EVER.

Something just isn't right about that sentance. It doesn't add up or make logical sense. You actually mean people listen to Beat FM?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Excuse me if I'm in anyway being naive but how the hell would Beat FM be able to obtain a statistic or find out about the failure rate yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

:Keith: wrote:
    Excuse me if I'm in anyway being naive but how the hell would Beat FM be able to obtain a statistic or find out about the failure rate yet?

Don't think they could to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Pretor

*marie* wrote:
    Some of my friends were saying that they heard on that Beat talk radio programme that this year's failure rate for Maths was the highest EVER.

That cant be right noone really knows that until the results come out although the papers were a bit awkward this year. i had the unfortunate experience of repeating this year(which wasnt actually that bad) but last year i was pretty nervous before the results came out, the only thing u can do is relax and enjoy the summer, no sense worrying over something u cant change, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

scorpy wrote:
    I keep having result dreams...

Last night, for instance: '60% in chemistry??! NOOOOOOOOOO!! *darth vader pose*'

60%?.......you poor thing :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭bounceymousey

its gotta be a rumour!!! They cant say that stuff. They probably wanna scare people and make them paranoid about failing!!! Come On D3!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chris_dub

It's over. You did the exams, you sealed the papers, you handed them up. It is too late to change anything, so stop thinking could you have done X better and relax about it. You will all find out how well you have done soon.

Come to think of it so will I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

I never got round 2working out my result in maths (i wrote down all my answers). Papers are ALL corrected at this stage so maybe a leak could have happened though i doubt it.

Papers corrected 10 times, are u kidding? They are corrected once by an examiner, thats it. IF you want to appeal it. They correct again after you view the script yourself.

I'll admit the nerves are creeping up. It doesn't help that i HAVE to work on august 17 (stocktake) !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭bounceymousey

yeh, where ever this rumour of exams being corrected 10 times has come from, SOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG!!!! If an examiner cant read your paper, they wont bother correcting the rest of your paper, they have around 400 other papers to correct u know. And as for maths, im not surprised that there is a high failure rate, there always is, especially with thios year. Last year was the easiest ever. So it was easy to get an A or B. This year was too hard!!!!

I never got round 2working out my result in maths (i wrote down all my answers). Papers are ALL corrected at this stage so maybe a leak could have happened though i doubt it.

Papers corrected 10 times, are u kidding? They are corrected once by an examiner, thats it. IF you want to appeal it. They correct again after you view the script yourself.

I'll admit the nerves are creeping up. It doesn't help that i HAVE to work on august 17 (stocktake) !!

Well 10 times was obviously an exaggeration, but they are definitely corrected at least twice, that's why we're not supposed to use red or green pens, cos they are corrected first in red and then in green.
    They are always re-checked in case the examiner is being too easy/hard on everyone or something.
    Well that was according to my Irish teacher (who is an examiner) anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

i was never told not to use red..

some are marked twice to make sure the examiner is doin it right but not all.. why wud they waste money like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Oh man. 13 days away. Getting a bit worried now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Mina Loy

Chillax people...you're all still alive and breathing :P

Advertisement