Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to August 17th

Options

Comments

I'm kinda lucky in the sense that the course i wanna do most has the lowest points of all my choices (350) while my second choice is 520. So really, filling out my CAO form was a waste of time...

Same here. I had Science (UCD) as my first choice, then after it I put things like Civil Engineering and Architecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I kinda feel guilty that i'l have aout 200points to spare while other people wont have enough for theirs. Oh well, that's the system we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

dont ya kinda regret doin so much work if ya didnt need all them points?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Well if my course did`nt need high points, I`d feel unfullfilled about the whole thing if I did`nt do any work. I think that frame of my mind could be very dangerous and you could end up doing nothing.

i wudnt kill myself though.. i hope to get 5 points over what i need for my course so that i know i did the least amount of work possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Same here. I had Science (UCD) as my first choice, then after it I put things like Civil Engineering and Architecture.

see you there. I have science in UCD down also. First is physics in tcd/ucd. Haven't a clue what i got. Any idea if the points are set to go up/down this year for science?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Imo I'd say the points for engineering/science will go up this year because interest in these areas has been increased in recent years.

I kinda feel guilty that i'l have aout 200points to spare while other people wont have enough for theirs.

Yeah same here. What a shame. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭GUBU

Am i the only one who has almost forgotten about results day? i would have had people not kept mentioning it... I'm not worried at all, whats done is done I can't do anyting about it.

Same here - didn't even think about it until around last Wednesday. The Leaving Cert seems like it was a long time ago and as I'm reasonably sure I got the points I need (380), it's really not bothering me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Where the hell did the summer go?!? This thing crept up way to fast.
    The Leaving Cert seems like it was a long time ago and as I'm reasonably sure I got the points I need (380), it's really not bothering me.
    I'm almost the same. I didn't do near as well as I should have in Art, so I'm getting a little nervous.

Anyone know what time the results are on the net? I'm supposedly getting mine posted out to me, but knowing An Post I won't get them for another month.

• Advertisement

12 o clock on the 17th is when they're put on the net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Good Luck To All Getting Results Wedesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

If you are supposed to be getting the results by post can you still go down to the exam centre and get them as early as possible instead of waiting for the post or online.

I wouldn't want to wait til 12 to get them and with the post the way it is in my area I probably won't get the results til Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 colman

anyone know how i could get my pin number to get the results online? - as i am on holidays and will be abroad on aug 17........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭dmck2886

You should have been given your pin number during the exams. Don't know if you can get another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

GDM wrote:
    If you are supposed to be getting the results by post can you still go down to the exam centre and get them as early as possible instead of waiting for the post or online.

I'm doing the same thing. I'm an external student so ours are coming in the post as well. Live in the middle of nowhere and so our post won't be here til about 1 or 2.

But I have a clever plan! If you talk to your postperson, just ask them can you get it off them in the morning when they collect the post. For example my postie picks up the post from our local post office at around half eight in the morning. If I meet him there he's gonna give my post to me then. You should try that.

Oh my god just had a horrible thought. What if you were one of those people who lost their pin, and your results just didn't come in the post?! Happens sometimes. Hate that!

*Roisin* wrote:
    I'm doing the same thing. I'm an external student so ours are coming in the post as well. Live in the middle of nowhere and so our post won't be here til about 1 or 2.

But I have a clever plan! If you talk to your postperson, just ask them can you get it off them in the morning when they collect the post. For example my postie picks up the post from our local post office at around half eight in the morning. If I meet him there he's gonna give my post to me then. You should try that.

Oh my god just had a horrible thought. What if you were one of those people who lost their pin, and your results just didn't come in the post?! Happens sometimes. Hate that!

How very reassuring ;) I would have had that same problem if I did the leaving last year when I lived in the middle of nowhere in Cavan.

Would the exam centre have a copy of my results as well as the one that's in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cessy

hey if you recieve your level 8 third choice in the frst round and accept it but aare then offered your second choice on the level8 in round two can you cancel your original acceptance and take the better offer?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cessy

oh yeah also where did we get our pin numbers is it written anywhere cuz i dont appear to have mine!

is it the pin we used to make our cao application online?

• Advertisement

is it the pin we used to make our cao application online?

No

Here's a link that might help.

http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=gs

When my brother did the leaving in 2001 he was able to access his results as early as 6am on the morning of the results. Is that still possible?

Not that I know of.

Either 9am from school or 12pm from the net.

9am from school

Where'd you hear that?

It's just the general time used. I know a few schools open a little later or earlier but what I know from my little research, most schools will be opening then.

Right, well seen as I didn't know any time... 9 it is!

LoL! I myself won't be going in til 12. God damn work! :(

You should make sure your school will be opening then though. The one closest to mine won't be opening til 10.

Holy fraggle bags Batman 1 day left.

LoL! I myself won't be going in til 12. God damn work! :(

You should make sure your school will be opening then though. The one closest to mine won't be opening til 10.

At least you have a job... :(

Yes GDM 1 day left, kinda weird feeling...

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

Ah man, hurry up!!

I wasn't even remotely thinking about them until all my relatives started harping on about it. Now I'm all excited. You know like when it christmas, and you're counting down the days til you can open your presents, and it's just anticipation and excitment? I'm so hyper.

Huurrrry up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

dont ya kinda regret doin so much work if ya didnt need all them points?

Yeah....all two weeks of cramming....

Advertisement