Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to August 17th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

I'm not a believer in you get what you deserve. I've never been a person to apply myself, and I'm not exaggerating when I say I've never ever studied for any exam. My teachers were lucky if I handed up the homework. I didn't deserve to even pass exams. Yet it's been very very rare that I've gotten less than 80%.

I believe in whatever is supposed to happen for you will, and that everything happens for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 theLegend

Good luck with your LC results class of 2005. Got my 3 years ago can't believe its been that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

*Roisin* wrote:
    I'm not a believer in you get what you deserve. I've never been a person to apply myself, and I'm not exaggerating when I say I've never ever studied for any exam. My teachers were lucky if I handed up the homework. I didn't deserve to even pass exams. Yet it's been very very rare that I've gotten less than 80%.

I believe in whatever is supposed to happen for you will, and that everything happens for a reason.

I had a similar situation. While I rarely studied for exams I usually did well enough but some people are just like that. I'm hoping that the results I get later don't reflect the work I put in or I'm screwed rightly.

Edit: Thanks Legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 theLegend

I didnt think that I did that much work but I was really pleased with my results. Anyone I knew that put alot of effort in was well rewarded.

That's me rightly screwed so ;)

• Advertisement

Though the results are waiting in your school (probably), best of luck to everyone tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I didn't do alot of work last year so I'm not expecting miracles. I don't plan on going to college so I did all ordinary subjects (except LCVP). So basically, I'm not bothered what I get, once I pass, and even if I fail, I wont care for too long. Probably sounds wrong, but meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

good luck everyone!!!

don't believe everything you read Roisin and any others worrying. only you yourself know how much work you put in and remember the examiners want to mark you well, they're teachers too!!! they'll always try to give you an extra mark here and there so you can go from C1 to a B3 etc. Just give them a reason to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭dmck2886

Imagine your school went on fire on the results were burned to a crisp and you lost your pin number.........I better go to bed cause I getting pretty worked up about all the scenario's that could stop me from getting my results!

Good Luck Everybody!

Good luck!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Oh yea, good luck to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Only a few hours now, feck slepping ... where'd i leave that bottle of jagermeister?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Sleep is for the weak (and the tired).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

i know this is a really stupid question, but what time are the results released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

OMG OMG!! *Crawls to corner and rocks back and forward* Can't sleep.. results will eat me... can't sleep... results will eat me *twitch*

**** help!! It's only really dawned on me now..

*reachs for Jack Daniels*

I'm going to need rescue remedy on drip in the morning.. **** man

Zhane wrote:
    i know this is a really stupid question, but what time are the results released?

We're getting them at 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

thanks. you cant sleep either? im not even gonna bother trying cos i know im not going to.

I probably could sleep but I just couldn't be arsed and anyway my brother gets off work at 6 and he somhow managed to get his girlfriend's results really early last year ( I don't know how) and he said he'd try do that for me.

Nope I can't sleep either. To make it worse my kitten keeps weeing on my bed and that's the 3rd time tonight. WITH my boyfriend asleep in the bed

GRr. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Your b/f is in the bed and your here on boards! God and I thought I was bad!! But yeah sleep just not an option here!! Ahrg

• Advertisement

:D OK I can top that (though I really shouldn't). When I was two and had a really bad flu (damn it's a bit late for a rhyme) I shat right up my dad's back. My mam and I near pissed ourselves laughing because he didn't wake up. That sounds despicable but you had to be there.

Your b/f is in the bed and your here on boards! God and I thought I was bad!! But yeah sleep just not an option here!! Ahrg

Lol He got the action already lol. He has to get up early so I tucked him in goodnight =p

Anyway no way I could sleep.. He tried stayin up and nodded off Bless!

What are peole doing in between posts. I'm watching Family Guy episodes that I downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Tut tut tut illegal downloading. I'm setting up a two thousand euro server beside me(",)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I was playing Call of Duty... now I'm posting on Boards... anyone still up? I'm not so much nervous as excited! It's like Christmas!

I'm still alive and kicking.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Last years results were up around this time iirc, its worth a try

I purposefully do not have my PIN... I want to get them in school! Just 4.5 hours left... but off to the gym in 1.5 so that'll kill time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

you can go to the gym at 6:30? madness

and good luck bob btw

• Advertisement

Thankies Matthew... and yeah, Total Fitness opens at 6.30 so off I shall go then.

Gonna try 90 minutes sleep now though... good luck all!

Advertisement