Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

no nct until logbook

Options
  • 15-07-2005 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

i've just got myself a corolla from a guy a friend knows - i'm taxed and insured but the nct was just up (end june 05) when i got it and i am waiting on the logbook to be posted to me from shannon

questions:

is it legal for me to be driving the car now? (there isn't anything i can do about it for the moment)

can i apply for the nct before receiving the book?

and if i apply now, when is the test date likely to be? or can i choose within a range of days/weeks?

cheers

jon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Apply for the test online. All you need is the registration number and chasis number (not the vin)

You will get a confirmation letter in the post....stick it in the glovebox and if stopped you can pull it out and say it's booked at least.

I don't know where you are, but down here the wait can be up to 6 weeks. If you are in a rush to get it done, simply look at the website everyday to see if there have been any cancelations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

Don't worry about it - my car is due an NCT with 1 or 2 ..ehm... ??years?? . They only look at the tax and insurance at checkpoints (I've seen 2 or 3 since).

Last I heard (my ex was a gard) was that there was no law making you have an NCT so they had to stop checking but I wouldn't rely on this source as I haven't seen her in a year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Yea Boggle your correct, some statute book technicality, cops ain't interested.
    I beleive they are working to resume the problem.

Advertisement