Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please read this, vote and comment

• 15-07-2005 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

I noticed recently that a few people have been complaining about spoilers being given away accidentally here on the Pro-wrestling board so I'd like to propose a possible solution for discussion.

Given that most spoilers are technically news items, wouldn't it make sence to have two separate forums for Pro-wrestling, something along the lines I'm about to decribe.

Firstly - Pro-Wrestling Chat, a place where fans and non-fans can ask questions, post polls, discuss matches etc. There should be absolutely NO spoilers posted in here. (This way you can be sure that you won't accidently read something that you don't yet want to but can still get online for a wrestle chat)

Secondly - Pro-Wrestling News, exactly what it says on the tin. A place where all the latest news could be posted and discussed without the need to identify spoilers. By this I mean that if you are reading the Pro-Wrestling news forum, you should be aware that this is where potential spoilers may be posted so you can easily avoid reading them if you have yet to watch a particular TV show or PPV.

I am aware of the correct procedures for requesting a new forum so please don't assume that I'm trying to start some kind of campaign here. I just want to gauge the opinions of the regulars here towards this idea before perhaps, requesting the creation of the new forum layout if there is support for it.

Should the Pro-Wrestling forum be split into Chat and News Forums? 7 votes

Yes I like the sound of that
    0%
    No - That's not cool
    100%
    moongooseKioStalfosFirewalkwithmeStorm106Molly Rose[Deleted User] 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

No - That's not cool
    I like that idea cause it did kinda annoy me if someone started a thread called "HBK a heel" the night after RAW and kinda gave it away. Same thing happened with the draft picks.
    I think a sub thread where ppl can post all the spoilers and they want would be an excellent way to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

not a bad idea.. i'm for it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

No - That's not cool
    Roar wrote:
    not a bad idea.. i'm for it anyway

Don't forget to vote! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If the forum was moderated better, there would be no problem.

No - That's not cool
    gimmick wrote:
    If the forum was moderated better, there would be no problem.

And if my Auntie had balls she'd be my Uncle but of course she doesn't. We have to live with what we've got here. If you feel that moderation is the problem then doing nothing is hardly a solution is it? No point in just complaining all the time is there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd say no, simply because if it were split, you'd still have people posting in the wrong section. If it were just moderated a bit more tough, people would get the point that spoilers aren't tolerated

No - That's not cool
    Fozzy wrote:
    I'd say no, simply because if it were split, you'd still have people posting in the wrong section. If it were just moderated a bit more tough, people would get the point that spoilers aren't tolerated

Why shouldn't spoilers be tolerated if there's a correct place to put them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I see what you are saying Despatch, however, I dont feel this particular forum has enough traffic to justify a sub forum.

If people just did the easy thing and post *SPOILER* in titles, there would be no problem. There are certain people on this board who just love starting thread giving something away. We all make mistakes though, and post something inadvertently giving something away.

No - That's not cool
    gimmick wrote:
    I see what you are saying Despatch, however, I dont feel this particular forum has enough traffic to justify a sub forum.

If people just did the easy thing and post *SPOILER* in titles, there would be no problem. There are certain people on this board who just love starting thread giving something away. We all make mistakes though, and post something inadvertently giving something away.

I think there is something to what you are saying about the volume of traffic through here but having a separate news forum may actually increase the traffic. I believe that people would be more likely to post news items if they had a forum in which to do so without fear of spoiling the show for anyone. What seems to be happening is that real discussions about what's actually happening on a day to day basis are restricted because of the delay in fans getting to see the tv shows over here. Some fans watch RAW live, others see it later in the week and sometimes I'm sure there are fans who don't get to see the shows at all but they hear about them and would like somewhere to discuss them.

The last thing I want to see this turn into is a forum for having a dig at the mods again so instead of just blaming it all on them I'm trying to think of an alternative. I've yet to hear any alternatives proposed by those who voted 'no' other than keeping things as they are and complaining about the mods. We've been down that road before and got nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's a decent suggestion but I don't think it's necessary. I think if people were just a bit more careful we'd be alright. Especially after the live Monday night on Raw.

• Advertisement

No - That's not cool
    It's a decent suggestion but I don't think it's necessary. I think if people were just a bit more careful we'd be alright. Especially after the live Monday night on Raw.

We just can't wish that people will be more careful - they never will, especially those first time posters or infrequent posters who get a little carried away at times. Perhaps the reason that this forum is not moderated better than it is, is because the moderators, like us are wrestling fans who don't want to read the spoilers they are supposed to be deleting until after they have seen the relevant show. I can understand that and fully sympathize but unfortunately if the forum is not being moderated properly the problem is not going to go away so consider this as a solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Why not just ban spoilers who do not clearly spell out *SPOILER* in the subject line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Despatch wrote:
    We just can't wish that people will be more careful - they never will, especially those first time posters or infrequent posters who get a little carried away at times. Perhaps the reason that this forum is not moderated better than it is, is because the moderators, like us are wrestling fans who don't want to read the spoilers they are supposed to be deleting until after they have seen the relevant show. I can understand that and fully sympathize but unfortunately if the forum is not being moderated properly the problem is not going to go away so consider this as a solution.

Another solution would be to establish an additional moderator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Either way its not a big deal but I dont think its necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

if this idea is because of spoilers then there should be a 3 strikes and your banned rule for posting threads without marking spoiler

better than a whole new board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Despatch wrote:
    Why shouldn't spoilers be tolerated if there's a correct place to put them?

What I meant was non-tagged spoilers. There is a correct place to put spoilers at the moment, as long as they're tagged or marked. I see no problem with that as long as it is stuck to by posters

You said yourself:
    Despatch wrote:
    We just can't wish that people will be more careful

which is my point exactly. You'll still get people posting spoilers in the wrong forum. How do you deal with that? Ban the poster? Why not ban them from this board as it is?

Another point that crossed my mind there.. Let's say someone doesn't want any Raw spoilers, but they want to read about what happened on SD. I do that sometimes as I might catch Raw on a Thursday, but I'll be out when SD is on. If they went onto this news forum, they might end up finding out about something they don't want to. Which should mean that spoiler tags should be used on this "news" forum aswell. Which basically negates the need for any new sections

No - That's not cool
    I guess it's clear to see at this stage the the majority of those interested in this idea are opposed to it. I do like Mossy Monk's idea of three strikes and you're out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

I think if people were a bit more careful then there would be no need to split the forums into 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Like Carlito says,"Thats not Cool!

Advertisement