Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting - Dimebag country-blues album to see the light of day?

Options
  • 15-07-2005 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Country outlaw DAVID ALLAN COE's collaboration with late guitarist DIMEBAG DARRELL (ex-PANTERA, DAMAGEPLAN) is expected to see the light of day. Coe wrote all the songs with Dimebag, shortly before he was murdered onstage last year. "His brother (Vinnie Paul) is tryin' to get that together," Coe told Rollingstone.com. "That's gonna be a great thing." Coe's long-lost 1969 debut, Penitentiary Blues, which features songs he wrote while serving time in various prisons, will get a deluxe re-release August 23rd through Shout! Factory/HackTone Records. Coe, now sixty-four, entered reform school at age nine and spent most of the next twenty years in and out of correctional institutions for offenses ranging from armed robbery to auto theft.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

So the songs have been written but not recorded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

So the songs have been written but not recorded?

Lol, Crucifix.......either i'm missing something or you need to go have another cup of coffee :D

Country outlaw
    - how cool is that? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Yehawwww!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I heard about this being apart of that supposed Dimebag boxset that was being strongly rumored...all the unreleased Dime stuff. Wasn't his dad a country singer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i haven't heard anything about the box for a couple of months now.you never know though they may be keeping it quiet for a while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement