Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Luc Donckerwolke (Lamborghini) To Join SEAT

Options
  • 15-07-2005 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

On 15th September Luc Donckerwolke (40) will be appointed Director of Design at
    SEAT. Donckerwolke will also assume the responsibility for the Spanish company‘s
    Design Center. This is currently run by Steve Lewis who, together with Walter
    de’Silva, the Head of the Audi brand group design, was instrumental in
    implementing SEAT‘s new sporty and emotional design language. Lewis will take
    over new responsibilities within the Audi brand group.

Luc Donckerwolke will not leave Lamborghini design before completing the current
    model range with the open version of the Gallardo, to be unveiled at the
    Frankfurt Motor Show on Monday 12th September. A Belgian national but born in
    Peru, the multilingual son of a diplomat has always been a car fanatic. He is
    responsible for the design of all current models, the Murciélago, Murciélago
    roadster and the Gallardo coupe. He combined traditional elements with a radical
    new design and with innovations such as the moveable airducts on the Murciélago,
    giving the Italian brand the perfect expression of their key values: extreme,
    uncompromising and Italian.

To ensure continuity and the further development of the brand, Walter de’Silva,
    will assume responsibility for Lamborghini Design, until a successor for
    Donckerwolke has been appointed. He sees the move as an expression of the
    synergies and the high level of cooperation between the three members of the
    Audi brand group, which was established in 2002.

“The appointment of Luc is another important step in reinforcing SEAT’s
    commitment to design. But I can guarantee that we will do everything to continue
    to focus strongly on Lamborghini design as well, since design is one of the core
    values of all our three brands. It is a decisive factor for customers and the
    visible expression of our advanced technologies and performance capabilities.”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Strange how they didn't mention that Donckerwolke did the Octavia & Fabia....

DeSilva will put slitty lights and a big grille on the front of the next lambo and call it "a new design language" or some such nonsense. 1 spliff when he drew the 156 and he's been cashing in since.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The person responsible for designing the Murcielago and particularly the Gallardo won't be winning any awards from Dahamsta Central. The Murcielago is a nice car and I don't doubt it's a great drive, but it has nothing on the stunning looks of the Diablo, and I doubt it's half as much fun to punch around a corner. Don't get me started on the Gallardo, I think that's the biggest mistake in Lamborghini's history. Talk about cheapening the brand.

adam

Advertisement