Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The A Team Hypothetical Question

• 15-07-2005 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Myself and a few mates were discussing the possibility of remaking numerous 80's TV shows and who would be the star/stars in them. We managed to fit someone for most rolls with the exception of BA from the A Team. Any ideas?

Possibilities
    Hannibal: George Clooney
    Murdock: Jim Carey
    Face: Brad Pitt
    B.A.: ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

stone cold steve austin, but theyed need to cover him in shoe polish.
    the big black guy from the green mile/daredevil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Johnny Depp would be better for Murdock, and Owen Wilson as Face (more cheesily charismatic than Pitt).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Owen Wilson was born to play face! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

Jonny Depp would defo pull off the mad as a coot thing. BA could be played by 50 cent after a couple of months on the elvis plan. Or Exhibit maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Or Exhibit maybe.

50 Cent theres a remote chance, but Xzibit, thats just plain dumb....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I second Michael Duncan Clarke(Green Mile lad), he's who I had in mind.
    Has to be a bull of a guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Mear wrote:
    I second Michael Duncan Clarke(Green Mile lad), he's who I had in mind.
    Has to be a bull of a guy.

Nah hes too big, and he doesnt have the certain style and presence to carry off BA.

Hmmmm.....

As for Owen Wilson, I think either him or Luke Wilson would be great for face...thats a definate!

I think George Clooney bit too young for Hannibal....Thinking more Anthony Hopkins type? Someone that looks like Leslie Neilson, but without being so ridiculously funny that you couldnt take him seriously....Bruce Willis with his hair dyed white!

Murdock....thats a tough cookie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

Why can't MR T play BA

Who says it has to be someone else. Original and best for the part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Vin Diesel could do BA...but the whole being white thing might be a bit of an obstacle.

Board's suggestion was the best so far methinks, can't beat using BA to play BA!
    And MobileInfantry - 50 couldn't play BA. Aside from him being one of the most annoying somethingorothers, he'd just talk (while keeping his teeth shut) about being a pimp and getting shot. Not a chance!

As for the other suggestions, I think Clooney would be quite good as Hannibal. And Owen Wilson as Face is a good choice too.
    Depp would be better than Carey as Murdoc IMO, Carey's version of mad makes me think of him playing the Riddler in that Batman film. And that just wasn't good.
    At all like.

But who'd play Decker or Lynch? Or Amy for that matter...Rarr :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

And you cant beat face playing face and you cant .. etc.

Its a hypthetical question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Clearly Ving Rhames should play BA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Clearly. Would be my choice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You're all sooo wrong...

Liv Tyler should play BA Baracus.

actually... now that we're on the subject... did anyone else as a kid think it was funny that BA's first name was Bosco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0429493/

Not really hypothetical :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

Spike wrote:
    Vin Diesel could do BA :D
    .. Someone slap that boy. You never suggest Vin Diesel for a film role unless it was made a few years ago and called 'Pitch Black'

I second Karl Hungus. Ving Rhames is the man and could pull off the whole big-tough-sh*t scared of flying, shtick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

KdjaC wrote:
    http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0429493/

Not really hypothetical :D

kdjac

Ya checked that out after I posted on friday. Bruce Feirstein is the writer. He wrote all the post Ian Flemming James Bonds so it looks like the film will go for a more serious/OTT approach. I reckon they can do it both ways either go that way or the pull the piss route like Starsky and Hutch.

Must say after thinking about it over the weekend I was thinking that getting the Frat Pack to make the movie would be great. Vince Vaughan as Hannibal with some make up. Owen wilson is the perfect choice for Face, either him or Luke Wilson. One of the guys suggested the Terry Tate would make a good BA and I kinda agree. As for Murdoch I like the Johnny Depp suggestion but I think the Jim Carey would be well capable of pulling it off. Murdoch was very much like a toned down version of Ace Ventura. As for Decker would have to be Will Ferrell.

I think the other route would be to use the more serious actors like:
    George Clooney
    Brad Pitt/Owen Wilson
    Johnny Depp/Jim Carey
    and Ving Rhames as BA

As for the comment about Vin Diesel I will choose to ignore it this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Joeface

BA ... only one person can be BA ... Ice Cube, he looks like him and can prob act just a well has him, if you look a the TV series BA isnt actually that big , just a mean black guy with a bad hair cut and Ving Rhames & vin desiel are just too big not sure they would suit the roll awell as Ice Cube

so my choice

Possibilities
    Hannibal: George Clooney
    Murdock: Jim Carey- ( johnny depp would just be Capt Jack sparrow, as funny as it would be it just wouldnt work in the A-Team)
    Face: Owen Wilson (same chessy charm S**t)
    B.A.: Ice Cube

heres a really bad sign though imdb show it coming out next year and there is no cast yet... rushed money grabber i suspect
    link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I think Luke Wilson might be better than Owen for Face. Owen's too blonde, or maybe it's his nose!

George Clooney is a definite for Hannibal, and I'd like to see Jim Carrey as Murdock but if he's unavailable how about Sam Rockwell.

Joeface wrote:
    Murdock: Jim Carey- ( johnny depp would just be Capt Jack sparrow, as funny as it would be it just wouldnt work in the A-Team)

heres a really bad sign though imdb show it coming out next year and there is no cast yet... rushed money grabber i suspect
    link

I have to totally disagree with you there with the Johnny Depp comment. That's sounds to me like your saying he's a one dimensional actor, which I think is so far from the truth it's crazy. I think if he was to base himself on the original Murdoch he would get it spot on(Just Like he did in For George Jung, Ed Wood and for Jack Sparrow who he based on Keith Richards from Rolling Stones) and I think very few actors would come close to matching him from that point of view.

Agree with the second point though. From reading the posts here most people came up with some pretty cool Ideas that would make a fairly intersting film, but ya know well that they are just gonna **** it up and tarnish the original show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

film_gonzo wrote:
    .. Someone slap that boy. You never suggest Vin Diesel for a film role unless it was made a few years ago and called 'Pitch Black'

I second Karl Hungus. Ving Rhames is the man and could pull off the whole big-tough-sh*t scared of flying, shtick.

Can someone please explain something to me. I have a habit, like the above post, of slagging off Vin Diesel but a mate of mine always responds with

"Ah you have to remember, Steven Spielberg wrote a role especially for him in Saving Private Ryan because he thought so highly of him as an actor".

Is he just realy useless at picking roles, or is he just useless???

Oh and Ving Rhames definitely...

"I'm gonna call in a few hard pipe hitting niggas to get to work on the Holmes here, with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch, fool"

• Advertisement

I never said Mr Depp , couldnt pull it off and I dont think he is a one dimensional actor, far from it, if we forget he was ever in Nightmare on elm street , every thing he has ever done is excellent, but for Murdoch as someone has already descibed here , its not far off ace ventura , and Insane guy insane world, As a fan of johnny depp , I just dont think the roll would suit, he would be good in it but its more of a Jim Carey roll , he is born to play it..... and why didnt you comment on ICE CUBE , thats only reason I replyed to the post , i couldnt believe no one had sugested him for the roll, have had this same discussion with friends before and he was the first name mentioned

Just a misunderstanding so, I agree with the Jim Carey all the way if it's serious or comedy film then I would give Jim Carey the nod.

As far as Ice Cube, a few of my mates suggested it. I just don't like him to be honest. But as long as it wasn't Vin Diesel It's ok with me.

i know , who sugest him the first place ...VIN DESIEL is white , B.A. IS BLACK

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think BA should be played by Tiny 'Zeus' Lister Jr. who played Deebo in the Friday films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

George Clooney?? You've all gone mad. Has to be Jack Nicholson.

Jack is almost in a wheel chair he is too old,

but was reading on another forum the same question and spotted interesting choice for B.A. none other that The ROCK,

but they had also sugested mel Gibson based on this linkhanaibal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Jack is only about 10 years older than george peppard was when he finished the A-Team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

hmmmm

Denzel Washington for Hannibal
    Owen Wilson for Face
    Luke Wilson or Sam Rockwell for Murdoch
    The Rock, John Cena or Mike Chiklis for BA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭shacko

If it's brought back. It would have to be in a post 90's ironic sort of way like The Brady Bunch or Strarsky and Hutch. Not like The Mod Squd, The avengers etc, etc,. So get Wes anderson on Board He's ur only man
    Gene Hackman - Hannibal
    Owen Wilson - Face Man
    Ben Stiller - Murdoch
    Danny Glover - BA

And Bill Murray as decker.

If u want some to play it straight

George Clooney - Hannibal
    Owen Wilson - Faceman
    Will Ferrall - Howlin Mad Murdoch
    The Rock - BA

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

shacko wrote:
    Danny Glover - BA

Isn't he too old for that ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Joeface wrote:
    BA ... only one person can be BA ... Ice Cube, he looks like him and can prob act just a well has him, if you look a the TV series BA isnt actually that big , just a mean black guy with a bad hair cut and Ving Rhames & vin desiel are just too big not sure they would suit the roll awell as Ice Cube

No, no and NO! Ice cube CANNOT act. Any time I see him in a film, I want to stab him in the face. He's downright painfull to watch. Ving Rhames on the other hand, is nothing short of brilliant.

Oh, and whoever said Sam Rockwell for Murdock, stroke of genius! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

ving rhames is way, way too old for B.A.!!! he's only 7 years younger than Mr. T, so i can't see how that would work.

definitely should go down the starsky & hutch route: -

Hannibal - Stiller hair died white.
    Face - Owen Wilson
    Murdock - Will Ferrell
    B.A. - haven't got any clue who could, make it work!!!

then you would have vince vaughn, as leader of the 'Baddies'
    and luke wilson as the guy from the military police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭shacko

thebhoy wrote:
    ving rhames is way, way too old for B.A.!!! he's only 7 years younger than Mr. T, so i can't see how that would work.

definitely should go down the starsky & hutch route: -

Face - Owen Wilson
    Murdock - Will Ferrell

That would rock. But who could play BA.

Face - Owen Wilson
    Murdock - Will Ferrell

this sounds very familiar .... oh yeah starsky and hutch.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

George Clooney?? You've all gone mad. Has to be Jack Nicholson.
    I reckon Hannibul should be played by Bruce Campbell. and Owen Wilson as Face, Ving Rhames as BA, you could probably get Dwight Schultz to play Murdock....

No Vince Vaughan. Please.

• Advertisement
Advertisement