Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skateboarding!?!?!

• 15-07-2005 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Ok so I'm startin skateboardin but i dont have a board where can i get one?(if anybody has a board they'd like to sell me let me know) And i how can i ollie high? I do the whole slide your foot up thing but it dosnt work please help! And any other tips let me know! THANKS!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Having asked the first question myself a few weeks ago here, G1 on O'Connell Street (its above a chemists or something down towards the bridge) was recommended as the place to get a board. I'd advise you not to get a second hand board, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭lizgal

are te tony hawks boards in argos any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

No, not great, where do you live and I'll tell you where the nearest proper skate shop is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭lizgal

limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Sure just order something online, dude. It'll be much better than anything you buy in Argos.

www.wreckless.ie
    www.theboardroom.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

CianRyan wrote: »
    Sure just order something online, dude. It'll be much better than anything you buy in Argos.

www.wreckless.ie
    www.theboardroom.ie

currently looking to buy a board for my kid and tbh, those websites don't cater for the beginners or the clueless (me). I know enough about skateboarding not to buy one in a toyshop, but i know too little to buy on those websites.

any other suggestions?

Well what's you're budget?
    Most people on here won't know a lot about kids boards, ya know?

Well what's you're budget?
    Most people on here won't know a lot about kids boards, ya know?

i get what you're saying but was basically just looking for a beginner board. Budget would be around the 50 quid mark.

As much as I hate to say it, you could try skate city in Temple Bar. The owner likes to rip people off and generally not be nice.
    Otherwise try Argos and the likes, just don't expect quality.

You could probably get a sort of semi pro board for about €100 with a bit of direct contact and the likes, much better quality.

As much as I hate to say it, you could try skate city in Temple Bar. The owner likes to rip people off and generally not be nice.
    Otherwise try Argos and the likes, just don't expect quality.

You could probably get a sort of semi pro board for about €100 with a bit of direct contact and the likes, much better quality.

ok cool. thanks. What are the tony hawks boards like btw?you can get them online around the 50 mark.

• Advertisement

ok cool. thanks. What are the tony hawks boards like btw?you can get them online around the 50 mark.

Got a link?
    I haven't seen much about "conventional" skateboards in a while but if I see the specs I can tell you more.

Got a link?
    I haven't seen much about "conventional" skateboards in a while but if I see the specs I can tell you more.

cheers mate. the series is sold on amazon. link below. there's 3 or 4 in the series it looks like

tony hawk board

here's a voltage one even cheaper

voltage board

Sorry about the wait, I was a bit distracted by a guy jumping from space.

Yeah, they look decent for the money. I'd rather see them and feel them to say for sure but I don't see you getting anything better for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

Sorry about the wait, I was a bit distracted by a guy jumping from space.

Yeah, they look decent for the money. I'd rather see them and feel them to say for sure but I don't see you getting anything better for the price.

Hey,

Drop down to gosk8 in Tallaght they have Voltage boards in stock you can check them out there www.gosk8.ie

Best of luck

Advertisement