Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230 Bluetooth

• 15-07-2005 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been trying to pair or connect my phone to my laptop all evening... but the problem is when I've been asked for the PIN's. I don't have one for the phone or the laptop! They're both brand new and i've never been asked to create either and I can't find anywhere on the computer to change them and the help files aren't any help... if anyone has any suggestions on either the phone or laptop PIN that'd be great thanks. (I can leave the PIN for the phone blank on the laptop and that seems ok, but the nokia gives you no option to leave the laptop's PIN blank..) Really hope someone knows something!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D_Money5042000

try "0000"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Is it a case of simple verification.
    I.e. make up a PIN when asked then input the same on the laptop. Or vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

As Ste- says... it's a pin that YOU create for each unique pairing.

Choose whatever you like and input the same one on the other device :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭fiachs

yeah that's the one, thanks! they'll pair now, and I can look at the file contents of the phone from the laptop... but nokia pc suite still doesn't know when the phone is there so I can't do anything with it. any help would be great! thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Open up Nokia PC Suite and go into connection options. Then choose bluetooth. It'll then run you through a little wizard.

It may also be useful to go into the "Paired devices" under bluetooth in your phone and allow it to connection without confirmation... saves you taking it outta your pocket each time you come to your pc :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement