Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gta: sa sound problems ?

Options
  • 15-07-2005 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

sounds is completely loopy with my 5.1 system. Cuts out on its own, no voices sometimes but sound effects. No sound effects other times but no radio. Its all over the place, ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

check for patches and/or driver updates for your soundcard....?

Could there be a loose cable going into your sound card?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

hmm neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Gareth2303

i guess it's for the pc you have the game...

1)If your pc isn't top o' the range, the game may just be chewing up all processor power to load parts of maps and different sound effects..On my PS2 version of the game, sometimes when travelling in a fast car..i would get to a part of the map which isn't loaded and the sound would freeze up,(ALL SOUND)..Then when it loaded, all sounds would play at once lol...

I doubt that it's a speaker prob and guess that it's probably in-game...

Gareth2303 wrote:
    i guess it's for the pc you have the game...

1)If your pc isn't top o' the range, the game may just be chewing up all processor power to load parts of maps and different sound effects..On my PS2 version of the game, sometimes when travelling in a fast car..i would get to a part of the map which isn't loaded and the sound would freeze up,(ALL SOUND)..Then when it loaded, all sounds would play at once lol...

I doubt that it's a speaker prob and guess that it's probably in-game...

PC is wellll up the game. Running at max settings without a hint of slowdown...

Umm...Well i donno..If you downloaded it (which i don't recommend)..their may well be a damaged file

• Advertisement

Gareth2303 wrote:
    Umm...Well i donno..If you downloaded it (which i don't recommend)..their may well be a damaged file

this could be the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

There was a thread about this already... like 5 pages long or something.
    Anyway, what you do is run dxdiag and turn your sound hardware acceleration down... I can't remember if you had to turn the slider all the way down, or just a few notches.
    This will stop the dissapearing sound, but I don't know if your 5.1 will be limited to just stereo... I've got a 5.1 setup here, I can't say I noticed though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

nah. it's definitely a corrupt download.
    he's just gonna have to buy the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Oh right, (*wink*).
    Anyway, the thread I was talking about is here -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=266795

Really though, if you can afford to buy the game, do... some day Rockstar might think "hey, it's not really worth our while porting GTA games to the PC, so let's not bother" ... show your support!

Thanks , I'll give that a go. I have already bought the game on PS2! Im not buying it again.

• Advertisement

Yea that's exactly what i was going to say...You paid your money for the game first time and now you have to pay again...I think if you want to play SA so bad...

Just boot up the PS2..

Advertisement